Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 2:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(May 10, 2017 at 11:25 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(May 10, 2017 at 11:20 am)pocaracas Wrote: I thought you were quite happy with the place where you live... Sad

May I suggest a neat little corner in Europe's South-western tip?  Angel

Del Rio? No... not much of a fan. I like the weather here but that's it. But mostly just disappointed in many of my friends and acquaintances here for ignoring me when I needed them most, all on the premise of "I just didn't know what to say." I'm ready to move on from this town. One more year left.

You're gonna find people like that everywhere. It's not about where you live, it's about the folks you're with. Find the gems, and give them a special setting.

You may be talking about military wives -- I'm not sure -- but if you are, that's a milieu that is a special kind of cutthroat.

Are there any USAF bases in Portugal? It seems poca forgot his solemn duty as Prime Minister of Immigration.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Seriously. The order was, "Roast lamb and gravy. No mint sauce".

You weren't particularly busy, and you specifically wrote that down.

But I got mint sauce anyway.

It's not brain surgery.

Yes, I know. A small niggle, but it put a serious dampener on my lunch.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 10, 2017 at 11:18 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Seriously.  The order was, "Roast lamb and gravy.  No mint sauce".

It's not brain surgery.

Yes, I know.  A small niggle, but it put a serious dampener on my lunch.

Did they put the mint sauce on the lamb? Argue  Decent sheep meat does not need mint sauce. Dodgy I used to frequent a Greek place in Cape Canaveral that served lamb shanks in a tomato sauce. Rolleyes  Lamb shank is good all on its own.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 10, 2017 at 11:26 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(May 10, 2017 at 11:18 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Seriously.  The order was, "Roast lamb and gravy.  No mint sauce".

It's not brain surgery.

Yes, I know.  A small niggle, but it put a serious dampener on my lunch.

Did they put the mint sauce on the lamb? Argue  Decent sheep meat does not need mint sauce. Dodgy I used to frequent a Greek place in Cape Canaveral that served lamb shanks in a tomato sauce. Rolleyes  Lamb shank is good all on its own.

Yes, across the entire meal, in fact, including the roast potatoes.

As I say, I know it's a small thing.

But if I'm going to pay $20 for a meal, get it right.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 9, 2017 at 10:32 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: When something bad happens to you and ppl around you ignore you because they "don't know what to say."

I call BS. It isn't hard to say "I just wanted to let you know I'm so sorry for what happened and for what you're going through. I can't imagine it. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you."

You ignore, not because you don't know what to say. But because you don't want to be burdened with any sort of interaction with someone who is going through anything out of the ordinary.

Eff that. And eff you. I can't wait to move out of this damn town and never see any of you ever again.

Kinda depends on what that bad thing is. Often times i'd rather be ignored and left alone when dealing with certain burdens. I just don't want to be bothered with, so i will likely treat people the same. But it all depends on whats going on.
CIJS

well, damn, C, just found out what happened to you. You were one of the very first gay people I met when I came out. You were a senior as I recall, and I was a little intimidated. You were also very outgoing and friendly and more than a little outrageous. Pretty surprising for me in the Midwest in '75. I even remember your autograph on the volley ball, and it even noted your 'specialty'. When I asked what it entailed (in a scene foreshadowing something I've certainly turned around here many, many times) you pulled out the office copy of The Queen's Vernacular. I wasn't allowed to take it back to read (nor would I have dared to at the time, lest I be discovered with it) but I read as much as I could in the office.

As a senior, you were eager to graduate and get the hell out of the Midwest, and I sure couldn't blame you for that.

Since this was pre internet and social media, once you moved, I only rarely heard about what you were doing, and after I moved on, didn't hear anything more. Recently I recalled your middle name and then could use the computer to find out where you were or what became of you; and damn, I did find out.

Died in '85, you had precisely 10 years to live when I met you the first time. Even found your NAMES project quilt panel, damn. My 'rule' is, people I met that I've lost track of I assume are doing fine till I know otherwise. So here you are, over 31 years later, I'm up to speed. I would have found out sooner had S, or K, or J lived longer, but that didn't happen either.

And nearly 42 years after we met, I still don't know if you're related to a family a relative of mine married in to, LOL. I remember asking you, and you had no idea, and didn't care either. Your plan after college was to get to Cali and never return; like so many of us, your 'blood' family mattered so much less than the friendships you made after leaving home.

Well, I remember you, wish I had either talked to you more back then, or maybe remember more of what we did talk about.

I have my own copy of Queen's Vernacular now (retitled in mine and later editions as Gay Talk) and I can't look at it with out thinking of you, and yes, I know the definition of your 'specialty' by heart.

Thanks . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

CIJS, I wouldn't miss you if you stepped down, but is Mike really any better? I worry.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(May 10, 2017 at 8:24 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Are there any USAF bases in Portugal? It seems poca forgot his solemn duty as Prime Minister of Immigration.

Did you miss this little nugget?
(May 10, 2017 at 11:20 am)pocaracas Wrote: May I suggest a neat little corner in Europe's South-western tip? Angel

And yes, actually, there is at least one USAF base in Portugal, although outs not in continental Portugal. It's on the Azores islands, in the middle of the Atlantic.
If you ever get a chance, do visit them. Each island is unique and they're all beautiful. The Terceira island is where the base is... It doubles as civilian airport, so it should be the first thing you see when you arrive. Wink
Dear Imdb,

THANK YOU for saving my sorry ass. So much. Just thanks. You are extremely helpful. I can now watch movies again in peace. You deserve a donut.

(Also I am craving donuts very badly today)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 945 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama