Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 10:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS:

I see that weird house you built not that many years ago is for sale again.  For me the big surprise is you were ever able to unload it.  And the people after you, and then the people after them, and now the current owner wants out too.

Well, what's wrong with it?  The floor plan, the floor plan, the floor plan.  Tiny rooms with very high ceilings for starters.  Ever see another house like that?  Nope, didn't think so.  And then it gets weirder, tiny tiny but very tall house with the biggest freaking afterthought garage tacked on to it.  (2 years after you built the house, as I recall)

So, weird tiny house dwarfed by enormous garage.  And then the steep (remember those high ceilings) stairway in the living room leading upstairs.  And then the small living room with a big chunk cut out of it for a porch and entry door that is never used SINCE IT'S ON THE FUCKING BACK OF THE HOUSE YOU STUPID FUCK !!

And it's an expensive house.  It has to be, no one can stand to live in it more than a few years and every time it flips another 7% sales commission accrues.

And despite it being tiny, no one has ever finished the freaking basement!!  Still, the realtor pics show it being used, TV, davenport, hide a bed, dorm fridge.  Cement walls, wood joist ceiling with air ducts and romex everywhere.  Tiny house, stands to reason the basement would find use, even if only 2 people live there.

The house is a mess.  An interior reno can't fix it, high ceilings can't be fixed, and even combining the 2 main floor bedrooms would just get you one of average size and then cutting a bedroom would hurt the resale value.

I knew when it was under construction it was a fuck up.  The years since have certainly proved it.  

And don't get me started on your fucking driveway there.  Pre-Columbian mountain goat trails are easier to navigate than what you did.

Grrrr. . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm just imagining this tiny house with tall ceilings. Maybe they could put those funky mirrors in and use it as a fun house.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
CIJS...

two things...

First... one of my cats is an asshole. He is the reason I had to put cling wrap all over my counter in the kitchen. He won't stop jumping on it so I had to booby trap the counters.

And second...

I made a MAJOR investment in my career on Friday. I bought a set of japanese forged steel shears and texturizing shears. I'm on a payment plan, interest free, ofc. And yes... it was okay with the other half that I spent over $1200 on the set. Don't judge... they are work tools. Clients can tell when you've used shitty shears on their hair cut. These cut beautifully - like cutting butter. The blades don't push the hair and I get a beautiful, clean cut every time. They come with an incredible warranty too. Full replacement if they are lost, stolen, dropped or broken and I get four sharpenings a year. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
cijs -- I've missed you much over the last eight months, but never more than I've missed you tonight.

Cijs...

I ain't been gone that long, sugar. We'll see each other again, before you know it. Wink

And, when you come to MY land....country ham awaits.
"country ham"

Is that a euphemism? hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
EDIT: Oh, never mind. Comeback made no sense.

Next time, Iggie....Next time!!!!!
CIJS

What did you expect would happen? You use people. You take advantage. You've never had a job, and it doesn't even appear like you've tried to find one. You've been an adult for 8 years, and you knew the day that your mother would no longer give you a free ride was coming for a very long time. It wasn't exactly a secret. How long did your mother cover your rent again, while increasingly being unable to cover her own expenses?

You think I don't know a cocaine addiction when I see it? I got off that ride a little under two years ago. You can't come here. I will not have that junk in my house under any circumstances. The drugs are why your grandmother kicked you out, and we expect that and your propensity for using people have led all of your friends to turn their backs on you. You burnt those bridges. You refuse to go to a shelter, or avail yourself of any other resources you have available. Yeah, it's obvious why.

You're in this spot because you chose to be through your actions. Likewise, your actions have forced our hand.

Your mother is heartbroken over this, but what can she do?
CIJS (vent from last night) - Come now, is my crazy behavior really that surprising? Yes, I fundamentally disrespected networking, but I was sick and tired of enduring an obviously flawed network. It was too much for one man to do - I was wrong and needed to call for backup. This isn't an anomaly - this is every weekend! We all have the same problem of trying to do too much, having it fall apart violently and then becoming depressive because nothing gets done. Did any of you celebrate my small accomplishments that were done for you or did you simply ignore it? I'm still upset that after restoring your blog to completion you didn't even login to it! I don't want new entries, all I wanted was my work for you to be taken seriously! None of us can succeed if our victories turn to ash and disappointment. The last time we tried to solve that syndrome, we had some momentum with the kanban whiteboard before it got overloaded and oppressive. Who overloaded it? I failed, yes, to step in and prevent that, but c'mon! Why don't you see that it's a problem of level setting expectations? Why do I avoid coming home? It's to avoid that desparing feeling. I must be similarly as ignorant and callous to your needs - so work with me on this. I know a buddy system is ridiculous but you're leaving me few options - every other technical solution failed from lack of use. You can't dislodge feeling like a failure if you refuse to embrace the small successes you get everyday. At least with two people, we can restrain unchecked ambition and force recognition of accomplishing something! It sound so easy - why do I fear that this plan out of the rut will fail like the others?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(June 18, 2017 at 2:43 am)Thena323 Wrote: Cijs...

I ain't been gone that long, sugar. We'll see each other again, before you know it. Wink

And, when you come to MY land....country ham awaits.

Hmmm, ham ...

I know it ain't been long, but dayum, it sure does feel that way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 943 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama