Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 8:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(August 7, 2017 at 1:04 am)Nymphadora Wrote: CIJS -

I am not sorry that Losty and I ate the entire cake. Totally. Not. Sorry.

Lol I'm only sorry that I don't remember what it tasted like
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 7, 2017 at 8:12 am)Losty Wrote:
(August 7, 2017 at 1:04 am)Nymphadora Wrote: CIJS -

I am not sorry that Losty and I ate the entire cake. Totally. Not. Sorry.

Lol I'm only sorry that I don't remember what it tasted like

I'll forgive you since we were drunk.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
CIJS, your behavior is out of control and you need help. You knew damned well I was working the weekend and that I wasn't going to be around much or get much sleep as a result. It's unacceptable that you decided to use that time to party and largely ignore the dogs and every other legitimate pull on your attention. Now you're tired and not worth a damn. Well, congratulations! But it's now Monday and I'm back in the office, the dogs still need attention, there are errands to run and other things to attend to. News flash: the whole fucking world doesn't take a break just because you've decided top check out and indulge your addiction. You say you want help. Then fucking well get some! This isn't working for me anymore.

Oh, and that bit where you try to justify your present choices because I was once in the same place you're in? Try another tune. I've been clean now for nearly a year (you can do it, too), and that dog won't hunt.
CIJS,

My studies of math have been interesting, but it feels one-sided: I'm learning the material and enjoying its company; however, I'm not capable of contributing something original or wonderful to the field.  Hence, during my studies, there have been plenty of times where I wish I had the talent to give back to the subject in a unique way, but I guess that sort of talent is reserved for a few special individuals; it is my hope that these individuals realize how unique they are and develop themselves accordingly.

CIJS - 

You are 11. Eleven. And while I think it's uber cute that you manage to find some pep in your step and still find rolled up foil balls fascinating - do you have to find them exciting at FOUR IN THE GODDAMNED MORNING?

Fucking cats. I swear.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(August 6, 2017 at 4:33 pm)J a c k Wrote: Scratch that. I don't understand people. If you feel a certain way... just tell me. Say it. Don't wait until you're too upset to rationalize. damn.

People aren't usually that direct though.

It irks me too because I'm too direct so I can't relate Tongue

Hope you're doing alright Ivy Smile
(August 11, 2017 at 7:05 am)Hammy Wrote:
(August 6, 2017 at 4:33 pm)J a c k Wrote: Scratch that. I don't understand people. If you feel a certain way... just tell me. Say it. Don't wait until you're too upset to rationalize. damn.

People aren't usually that direct though.

Thanks, hammy. Miss you!

CIJS?
To the wind. To nothing.
I'm worried. He had made so much progress and now it's like it was many lives ago, or just a dream. I'm taking him to school personally today. They said he hasn't said a word since Monday. Here at home he has laughed and played, but yeah. I noticed, too. It's all back to signing. Maybe it's the change? New school is scary? His new teacher says she doesn't even know what his voice sounds like. Stays in a corner alone. Baby. Honey. What's going on?
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(August 11, 2017 at 2:31 am)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: CIJS,

My studies of math have been interesting, but it feels one-sided: I'm learning the material and enjoying its company; however, I'm not capable of contributing something original or wonderful to the field.  Hence, during my studies, there have been plenty of times where I wish I had the talent to give back to the subject in a unique way, but I guess that sort of talent is reserved for a few special individuals; it is my hope that these individuals realize how unique they are and develop themselves accordingly.

I'd venture to say that you're going to have to absorb a lot more material before you can give much back. Maybe find a recreational mathematics site? FWIW, you're going to have to stand on the shoulders of giants, whose work stretches back for millenia. Case in point, in my junior level university electromagnetics course, one of the homework problems was a well known physicist's master's thesis (don't recall who, now- that homework was in '82). We (students) had trouble with it, needless to say. But the lecture and text provided material for us to use for the solution. Back then, these guys and gals had to figure it all out on their own. So don't feel badly.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(August 11, 2017 at 10:04 am)J a c k Wrote:
(August 11, 2017 at 7:05 am)Hammy Wrote: People aren't usually that direct though.

Thanks, hammy. Miss you!

CIJS?
To the wind. To nothing.
I'm worried. He had made so much progress and now it's like it was many lives ago, or just a dream. I'm taking him to school personally today. They said he hasn't said a word since Monday. Here at home he has laughed and played, but yeah. I noticed, too. It's all back to signing. Maybe it's the change? New school is scary? His new teacher says she doesn't even know what his voice sounds like. Stays in a corner alone. Baby. Honey. What's going on?

Poor baby. I'd bet it's the new situation at school, with a bunch of strangers and new noises. Hopefully he acclimates! Heart
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 11, 2017 at 10:14 am)Fireball Wrote:
(August 11, 2017 at 2:31 am)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: CIJS,

I'd venture to say that you're going to have to absorb a lot more material before you can give much back. Maybe find a recreational mathematics site? FWIW, you're going to have to stand on the shoulders of giants, whose work stretches back for millenia. Case in point, in my junior level university electromagnetics course, one of the homework problems was a well known physicist's master's thesis (don't recall who, now- that homework was in '82). We (students) had trouble with it, needless to say. But the lecture and text provided material for us to use for the solution. Back then, these guys and gals had to figure it all out on their own. So don't feel badly.

Thanks for your response, Fireball. I think the excellent advice that was outlined in your post is well beyond me, but nevetheless, it sounds really interesting and fascinating; ultimately, I'm probably just going to stick to the humanities. It sounds like you had an awesome experience with math in general.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 947 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama