Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 8:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
(January 23, 2018 at 4:42 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Judi, is your diet carb limited, too, or just calorie limited?  As a diabetic, I've found some very low carb, yet tasty forms of bread-like things in my area.

We have a chain of stores in New England called Market Basket.  Their store brand reduced calorie sliced bread has only 1-2 carbs and 35 calories/slice, and comes in a ton of varieties (italian, white, oatmeal, multi-grain, whole grain, etc.).  It actually tastes like real bread, not cardboard.

There are also low cal/low carb sandwich wraps.  I forgot the brand I use (it's in an red-orange package, and brags about being made with flax seed oil), but they're great.  Some lettuce, cucumber, cheese, deli turkey, and condiments (I use a tomato basil vinaigrette) and you have a big, filling, yummy sandwich for not a lot of calories or carbs.  It's enough to satisfy me for 5-6 hours.

Also, look into protein powder.  You can find it in a lot of places... definitely in a place like GNC.  It comes in a variety of flavors (generic, vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter), and can be something of a flour substitute.  I wouldn't do a 1:1 swap, but you can bake with it.

Dunno if this will help, but I hope it does.

Group Hug

Thank you Kevin Smile

So this is a Low-fat, low-sugar pre-op meal plan. In a post above, I outlined how many servings of certain things I can have. If it isn't on that list - it's a no-no. 

Keep in mind that I'm also deathly allergic to all tree nuts and peanuts. Many of the protein shakes I'd like to drink, I can't because they are made with peanut butter. But I will still look around to see what I can do.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(January 23, 2018 at 2:16 pm)Joods Wrote:
(January 23, 2018 at 1:50 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: There are a lot of 1200 diet plans on the net, here is one: http://www.md-health.com/1200-calorie-meal-plan.html

What are your questions? I believe we have a nutritionist here at AF.

Good site, but if you notice my previous post, I'm only allowed x number of servings per protein, fruit, veggie etc. I can't have more than two servings of fruit. As per the dietitian at the weight loss clinic, 1/2 of a banana is equal to one serving of fruit. So looking at the website's suggestion for day 1 calls for a serving of fruit juice, an orange, a banana, and a piece of fruit. That already puts me at five servings of fruit - three over what I'm allowed. Also, day one there are no proteins listed. I am required to eat 7 servings (7 ounces, divided) of protein per day.

This is why this is so hard. It's easy to find 1200 calories in stuff. Not so easy to follow the serving requirements by the doctor and the clinic.

Part of following their plan is to train you to stick to a regimented diet. You'll need that after surgery for proper nutrition and maintenance. 

Look at some of the other sites. They give a breakdown of servings for protein/fruit/carb/.....: https://discovergoodnutrition.com/2013/1...diet-plan/

I'm sure that if you contact the provider dietitian they can provide you with meal plans that comply with their 1200 cal and # of servings diet program. 

I don't think anybody said this was going to be easy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 23, 2018 at 5:51 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(January 23, 2018 at 2:16 pm)Joods Wrote: Good site, but if you notice my previous post, I'm only allowed x number of servings per protein, fruit, veggie etc. I can't have more than two servings of fruit. As per the dietitian at the weight loss clinic, 1/2 of a banana is equal to one serving of fruit. So looking at the website's suggestion for day 1 calls for a serving of fruit juice, an orange, a banana, and a piece of fruit. That already puts me at five servings of fruit - three over what I'm allowed. Also, day one there are no proteins listed. I am required to eat 7 servings (7 ounces, divided) of protein per day.

This is why this is so hard. It's easy to find 1200 calories in stuff. Not so easy to follow the serving requirements by the doctor and the clinic.

Part of following their plan is to train you to stick to a regimented diet. You'll need that after surgery for proper nutrition and maintenance. 

Look at some of the other sites. They give a breakdown of servings for protein/fruit/carb/.....: https://discovergoodnutrition.com/2013/1...diet-plan/

I'm sure that if you contact the provider dietitian they can provide you with meal plans that comply with their 1200 cal and # of servings diet program. 

I don't think anybody said this was going to be easy.

Oh, I know it won't be easy at all. Today was a struggle and that was just to get through breakfast and lunch.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(January 23, 2018 at 7:01 am)Longhorn Wrote: CIJS

Sometimes bad things feel good. And that makes them worse. And you get confused. And you don’t know what’s what. And you need to kill them somehow but you don’t know how.

YOU, however, you do not feel good at all. Maybe you used to. When I still believed I had to suffer.

No, I don’t fucking have anything to say to you. And everything that I want to say, I can just fucking say. And I did.

Have fun stewing in your soup of fucking issues. I’m not the one getting third degree burns all over trying to get you out.

Peace. And shove it up your ass.
CIJS

So, he wants to build a website. Cool, I’m happy to help. Oh, so this is going to be a conference call between me, you, and him. Okay, no problem. Makes a lot of sense, really, since I don’t know him (except for what you tell me of him). So, yeah, introduce us, break the ice, etc.

Huh... I wasn’t expecting for you to do 90% of the talking, with him gruffly yelling out two random, broad questions from seemingly across the room.

What, he can’t ask me himself? I mean, you just told me (on FB Messenger) that he was finishing up a call with one of his clients. He is a lawyer. Presumably, this means he’s not tapped out after a single call in the early evening.

And what’s with the boorishness? He can’t be bothered to sit closer to the phone? I can hear you clearly, what’s his issue? He can’t introduce himself and talk like a professional? He needs to yell things for you to repeat?

Every data point I have on this guy is negative. If I could - if you wouldn’t slap me and then no longer be my friend - I’d tell you to kick his ass to the curb. I think you know my opinion anyway. And I think you share it, but you’re afraid to change the status quo.

Maybe he’s a beast in bed or something. But in all other ways he seems to be a loser. You can do better.
I love the way Longhorn writes. Very poetic.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 23, 2018 at 11:01 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I love the way Longhorn writes. Very poetic.

Me too. Her and Jack's posts in here are often emotionally... challenging?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yeah, Jack too.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
CIJS -

Telling your friends what they should say to T, isn't very cool. See, I know what's up. I am the strongest presence in his life and I will ALWAYS know. Even if you think I don't know, I still know. So you can tell C and D to lay off.

One more thing. Let your cousin know that the police already have the threatening message that he sent to T and they are seriously looking into the matter since T is a minor and your cousin isn't and your cousin threatened him with bodily harm.

Have a nice day.
CIJS

I'm so sorry for what I did and I never meant for you to find out. But I wasn't gonna do that again and I'm still trying not to. But you shouldn't have told him because you know he'll just worry. I told you not to tell him.

(still no idea how this thread works. Hopefully I'm not doing something very wrong lol.)
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 943 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama