Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 7:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS?

Lol....Mama ain't the final word. I AM! The First and the Last!
Though, Mama does like. But if she didn't, she'd get in line and act like she knows.

'Cause I've got it like that. Tongue
CIJS
Pictures always lie, especially the pictures in my mind. And don’t look at me that way. The pictures in your mind are lies too and not the pretty kind. No. You don’t see things the way I do. Your pictures are fantasies concocted by a jealous mind. A guilty mind.

I’m tired of sitting here staring at each other in the dark. I know I know, you’ll say that I’m the one who turned off the light. Even that I removed the lightbulb and smashed it under my foot. And maybe I did, I’m not really sure. But you better open the shutters and do a dance because this blind staring contest is going to get old fast.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
You know, you should be able to slit someone's throat or wrists with a broken lightbulb.

Just saying...
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 11, 2018 at 9:44 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Wow. I sure am glad I don't have to think that much.

If it does not feel right, it's not right.

Sure. It’s a what I’ve been doing. Maybe giving stuff some thought isn’t so bad sometimes, though. Just cutting stuff off when I get a weird feeling hasn’t been working for me. I’m trying to see if maybe I’m the one with the problem, or maybe I’m not but not everyone else is either. I don’t know. I don’t make sense sometimes, but living life just playing it safe seems kind of boring to me. I rather turn this thing on all its sides and see if I could have had it upside down the whole time. If not, fine. Carry on. No?

#ivylogic
Dunno
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(February 11, 2018 at 8:19 pm)J a c k Wrote: CIJSAIJBH...

And I can’t tell what this is. 

My guess, since you've implied that this is sort of a pattern: 

"This" is what's known as "negging". It's an intentional, calculated practice and indeed quite purposeful...And only manipulative shitheads do it.
He revealed his hand to you that night years ago, when he made a "joke" about liking insecure hot chicks who could be easily mindfucked/kept in line.

Only he wasn't joking.

You're an extraordinarily beautiful woman, J a c k. Any decent mate wouldn't feel that you need to be "taken down a peg or two" before telling you that.
Finding a hairy pork scratching after you've already eaten half a bag is never good. Dodgy
(February 12, 2018 at 1:17 am)J a c k Wrote:
(February 11, 2018 at 9:44 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Wow. I sure am glad I don't have to think that much.

If it does not feel right, it's not right.

Sure. It’s a what I’ve been doing. Maybe giving stuff some thought isn’t so bad sometimes, though. Just cutting stuff off when I get a weird feeling hasn’t been working for me. I’m trying to see if maybe I’m the one with the problem, or maybe I’m not but not everyone else is either. I don’t know. I don’t make sense sometimes, but living life just playing it safe seems kind of boring to me. I rather turn this thing on all its sides and see if I could have had it upside down the whole time. If not, fine. Carry on. No?

#ivylogic
Dunno

I'm not sure you have to "cut it off" necessarily, maybe just set a limit until the feelings change. And call him on what you feel is bullshit. 

Stop using "problem" when discussing yourself. So you're different, so what? Ain't no thing.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

You're right to love yourself. You are a kind, beautiful, wonderful person. It kind of seems like this guy is making some subtle and not so subtle digs. It does kind of seem like negging as I have heard it described. But I'm not one to give advice with my history or lack of history.
CIJS,

After months of being homeless, living in a car, I still have not sought God. Checkmate, theists.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

It's a technique I call "control by criticism", I suspect: not so critical they push me away, but just critical enough, about trivialities, to infect me with doubt about my own worth. It's horseshit, and I either address it head-on, or split, depending on the value of the relationship.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 946 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama