Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 3:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
Because you should delete the insensitive remark.

Now do you get it?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(August 20, 2018 at 8:54 pm)Joods Wrote: Because you should delete the insensitive remark.

Now do you get it?

Nope.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
You're hopeless.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(August 20, 2018 at 8:31 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Wish people would stop fucking messaging me to tell me they are pregnant, when they know what happened to me and what I'm dealing with now. I mean, seriously, are people complete idiots? They're just like "Heyyy, just wanted to let you know so you don't find out through facebook or something that I am pregnant..." ...as if ruining my day and on top of that putting me on the spot to have to congratulate them and lie by saying I'm happy for them when in fact I am not, is a better option. I'd MUCH rather find out some other way so that I can just not say anything and know to avoid you. Maybe I'm a shitty person or something, but if you are pregnant, I am NOT happy for you. A better woman would be, but I'm just not. Hearing the news only pours more salt on a wound that will never heal and makes it feel like I just got punched in the heart. It certainly does not make me feel "happy for you," and the last thing I wanna do is congratulate your ass. If you're pregnant, just leave me the eff alone. I don't want to hear about it and I don't want to hear about your damn children.

God that has to suck. I am so sorry you have to go through that CL. I cannot even begin to imagine what it's like.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 20, 2018 at 8:31 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Wish people would stop fucking messaging me to tell me they are pregnant, when they know what happened to me and what I'm dealing with now. I mean, seriously, are people complete idiots? They're just like "Heyyy, just wanted to let you know so you don't find out through facebook or something that I am pregnant..." ...as if ruining my day and on top of that putting me on the spot to have to congratulate them and lie by saying I'm happy for them when in fact I am not, is a better option. I'd MUCH rather find out some other way so that I can just not say anything and know to avoid you. Maybe I'm a shitty person or something, but if you are pregnant, I am NOT happy for you. A better woman would be, but I'm just not. Hearing the news only pours more salt on a wound that will never heal and makes it feel like I just got punched in the heart. It certainly does not make me feel "happy for you," and the last thing I wanna do is congratulate your ass. If you're pregnant, just leave me the eff alone. I don't want to hear about it and I don't want to hear about your damn children.

How incredibly insensitive.  I can’t believe people do this. The obvious correct thing to do in that situation is literally don’t do or say anything at all.  Why would anyone actively deliver that kind of news to you?  People blow my mind. I sorry you have to deal with that. 🙁  Do you tell them it hurts you?

(August 20, 2018 at 8:33 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:

Um............. I'm pregnant.

Not cool.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
LFC, they tell me as though they either don't think it effects me at all, or as though telling me is somehow easier on me than allowing me to find out on Facebook or through word of mouth. I don't know why they would think that. Because then I have to be like "Oh wow, congratulations, I'm happy for you." ...if I found out on Facebook or something, I can just hide their post from my timeline and not have to say anything, which is obviously easier. And yeah, this whole thing has made me realize how un intuitive and just stupid most people are. People will talk to me about their kids/babies like nothing ever happened to me. And like I'm not dealing with subsequent infertility and the probability that I will never have another child apart from the one who died.

No, I don't tell people it hurts me.

Maybe they expect me to be the type of better person who would actually be happy for them. Maybe it's my issue that I'm not, I don't know.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(August 20, 2018 at 9:38 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: LFC, they tell me as though they either don't think it effects me at all, or as though telling me is somehow easier on me than allowing me to find out on Facebook or through word of mouth. I don't know why they would think that. Because then I have to be like "Oh wow, congratulations, I'm happy for you." ...if I found out on Facebook or something, I can just hide their post from my timeline and not have to say anything, which is obviously easier. And yeah, this whole thing has made me realize how un intuitive and just stupid most people are. People will talk to me about their kids/babies like nothing ever happened to me. And like I'm not dealing with subsequent infertility and the probability that I will never have another child apart from the one who died.

Maybe they expect me to be the type of better person who would actually be happy for them. Maybe it's my issue that I'm not, I don't know.

Oh, CL. You are not less good as a person for having those feelings.  My god, you lost your baby.  Not feeling joy for these people is completely normal and human.  I can’t even imagine how anyone could feel happiness like that for other people ever again.  Don’t blame yourself for your terrible pain.  You’ve been through enough.  ❤️
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
I agree with camoo on this. Your feelings are human. I’m so sorry, CL.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(August 20, 2018 at 9:38 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: LFC, they tell me as though they either don't think it effects me at all, or as though telling me is somehow easier on me than allowing me to find out on Facebook or through word of mouth. I don't know why they would think that. Because then I have to be like "Oh wow, congratulations, I'm happy for you." ...if I found out on Facebook or something, I can just hide their post from my timeline and not have to say anything, which is obviously easier. And yeah, this whole thing has made me realize how un intuitive and just stupid most people are. People will talk to me about their kids/babies like nothing ever happened to me. And like I'm not dealing with subsequent infertility and the probability that I will never have another child apart from the one who died.

My heart bleeds for you. Undecided  Losing a baby is a tough thing, as I well know. I hope for the best of what life has to offer you. Heart
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

You're not a bad person for feeling sad and resentful that the people around you are living a life you may never have, especially if - intentionally or not - they flaunt it around you.  While I've never experienced the crushing despair of losing a child, I know that other pain all too well.  I wish I could tell you that it eventually fades away, but it doesn't.  I've learned to compartmentalize and distract myself, but there are definitely times when life will remind me of the things I can never have or do.  And the feeling is just as raw now as it's always been.

I really do wish I had something more positive to tell you, but all I can really say is that I understand at least a part of what you're feeling.  And that I'm definitely willing to lend an ear if you want to talk.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 947 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1232 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 480 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama