Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 4:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Clinton email controversy
RE: New Clinton email controversy
(November 3, 2016 at 5:24 pm)A Theist Wrote: FBI investigations into the Clinton Foundation have been ongoing for over a year. Four of its offices and the FBI's White Collar Crimes unit are ramping up its investigation into the foundation in light of an "avalanche"  of new information coming in daily. Also, the FBI says that there is a 99% probability that five hostile foreign intel agencies have hacked into Hillary's private server. Hillary brings nothing to the presidency but more corruption and reckless incompetence. A Hillary presidency would be a disaster for this country.

I don't carry Hillary's water for her. I simply see her as the lesser of two evils at this point.

I understand the concern that possibly five hostile foreign intelligence agencies have hacked her private server. But is electing the guy who openly encourages foreign actors to hack his perceived enemies really the answer? Trump looks to me like an internet age Nixon, at this point: insecure, thin-skinned in the extreme, mean-spirited, and vindictive. Combine that with his utter lack of experience or understanding of policy (problems Nixon didn't have). This strikes you as a good thing? Seriously? Talk about a looming disaster!
(November 3, 2016 at 5:38 pm)Aroura Wrote: Trump has 75 pending lawsuits. 75! How much of those have you heard from this fictional liberal mainstream Media? If they were what you said, these would be constant headlines.

If you really think Clinton's investigations are going to be an issue if she becomes president, you should be equally worried about Trump. Hell spend his entire first 4 years in court.
Evidently, whatever Trump's pending lawsuits may be they don't rise to the level of jeopardizing national security and a pay to play scam like Hillary's.

...and you should be worried, if elected, Hillary will be spending her entire 4 years in jail.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Double post

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(November 3, 2016 at 6:02 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 5:49 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I don't carry Hillary's water for her. I simply see her as the lesser of two evils at this point.

I understand the concern that possibly five hostile foreign intelligence agencies have hacked her private server. But is electing the guy who openly encourages foreign actors to hack his perceived enemies really the answer? Trump looks to me like an internet age Nixon, at this point: insecure, thin-skinned in the extreme, mean-spirited, and vindictive. Combine that with his utter lack of experience or understanding of policy (problems Nixon didn't have). This strikes you as a good thing? Seriously? Talk about a looming disaster!
The FBI investigations of Hillary is far more involved than her just being reckless and incompetent with classified information. She and Bill are using the Clinton Foundation as a pay to play scheme to enrich themselves, which involved selling political favors to big money donors, including favors to foreign governments. Is political corruption something you think is a good thing?

(November 3, 2016 at 6:02 pm)A Theist Wrote: She and Bill are using the Clinton Foundation as a pay to play scheme to enrich themselves, which involved selling political favors to big money donors, including favors to foreign governments.

Look at Trump's foundation and charity work. Does it look any better? But you refrain from looking there. It's also in the public domain. He's also investigated on a lot of alleged transgressions.

Difference to Hillary as has been mentioned, he's also a lose cannon bare of any kind of political experience.

Not likeable characters the pair of them. But one an outright danger, the other one just dirty business as usual.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 3, 2016 at 5:32 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: It is not true that I would say the same thing about Bill Clinton. Scroll up and you will see an earlier post where I explicitly stated the Bill Clinton was a good president. I have said before and I will say again that I’m not concerned about sex scandals. Some on the Right are. I am not. It is nearly always the case that people make hay about sex scandals not because they care about the character of people in office. Sex scandals are just convenient tools to bludgeon political oppents to further an ideolog’s agenda.
What pisses me off is political correctness. The time has expired on “calling people out” for their “racism/sexism/homophobia/islamophobia/xenophobia” Trump is only possible because the left has over-played that hand and regular people who haven’t been indoctrinated with liberal Kool-Aid are tired of being invalidated simply because they haven’t been trained to avoid the leftist’s imaginary “dog whistles” and “microaggressions” or couch their speech with so many qualifiers that it’s practically meaningless. Instead everything that is politically conservative or culturally traditionalist gets purposely twisted and misconstrued. It’s despicable.
All that talk about Trump being a racist is bullshit and everyone knows it. Are drugs coming in from Mexico? Yes. Are criminals? Yes. Are previously uncommon third-world diseases? Yes. So when Trump says that “people coming from Mexico are drug dealers and rapists” anyone with common sense knows that he doesn't mean all Mexican nationals are either of those things. The Left’s only goal is distract everyone with their invented boogeyman rather than deal with the FACTS that drugs and criminals are entering our country illegally…primarily from Mexico!
Now, was there a housing discrimination lawsuit against Trump’s company 40 years ago. Yes there was. Was Trump personally aware of discriminatory practices or the author of those policies? That could be. I don’t know and no one else does either. Was his company actually guilty of those charges? Maybe, maybe not. It was settled out of court. Sometimes innocent people settle just because it is cheaper than going to court. Or they are guilty but the plaintiffs would rather get a little something rather than risk losing. There simply isn’t enough evidence to justify calling Donald Trump a flat out racist. And neither Jesse Jackson nor Al Sharpton seemed too concerned about keeping company with Trump before he ran for President. That should tell you everything you really want to know.

Trump being racist is bullshit?  I suppose all those times he retweeted white supremacists' posts is just coincidence? I suppose David Duke being a huge fan is also coincidence?   I suppose that his rhetoric is galvanizing the white supremacist movement like no other candidate in recent history is also coincidence?  I suppose the KKK newspaper endorsing him is coincidence?  I suppose his supporters using well-known Nazi terminology is also coincidence?  I suppose him hiring Steve Bannon is also coincidence?  I suppose him heading up the racist birther movement is yet another coincidence?  Just how far do you have your head up your ass?

Oh yeah, all those Mexican criminals and their drugs.  A cute story except for the fact that immigrants - documented or not - are less likely to commit violent crime, and America's drug problem has almost nothing to with illegal drugs coming over the border and everything to do with legal prescription drugs peddled by our very own pharmaceutical companies.  Racists just like to use misinformation like that to get gullible people like you to help them kick out all the brown people.

Quote:That would be a complete misreading of my point. That could be my fault for not being sufficiently clear. At the same time, it is common practice to misconstrue what conservative people say for purely political purposes.

There was no misconstruing.  You tried to minimize talk of grabbing women's genitals without their consent while simultaneously claiming that that's what women actually want.  If you don't like being told you're engaging in rape apology, stop engaging in rape apology.  

It has nothing with liberal vs. conservative and everything to do with you saying despicable shit.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 3, 2016 at 5:32 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 3:15 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: And -- if you think that a fantasy indicates that a person wants to experience the fantasy, you're wrong. It may indicate it, in some instances. But if you would please, go and find me three women who have been raped and said afterwards, "My god, that was so fucking hot!"

I’m not that stupid and you should know that. The reason I said that the number one fantasy of women was to be forcebly taken was to remind everyone that human sexuality is primal, inexplicable, and doesn’t conform to the dictates of political correctness. Trump can be crude and vulgar. He puts on display what other many other people feel but carefully conceal: dark shameful desires. It is hypocritical for PC enforcers to convict Trump of thought crimes, because despite all their outrage deep inside they are flawed human beings with corrupt desires just like everyone else. I’d be willing to bet the farm that the same people offended by Trump (right and left) are religiously watching Game of Thrones and own a copy of Fifty Shades of Grey. For years the left has lambasted conservatives that lamented the coarsening of our culture. Trump is a product of our culture, a culture created and advanced by Hollywood and talk-show liberals. Now they act shocked when it’s thrown back in their faces.

Nonsense. Whether you intended or not, your insinuation was that Trump's actions were appropriate, or at least shielded from criticism, on the basis of what you claim to be human sexual proclivity.

I'm not worried about PC; I regularly use "cunt" as a pejorative, amongst other matters.

I don't give a shit about Trump's language; I can be as coarse as anyone. I was, after all, a GI -- I can cuss with the best of them, and much better than most, if I do so allow. What I do give a shit about is a guy bragging about committing sexual assault. Whether he said "grab 'em by the pussy", or had he rather phrased it, say, "make your initial contact centered on their groin" is irrelevant.

And anyone with half-a-brain should be able to see the broad differences between watching a TV show or reading a softcore romantic novel and sexually assaulting women. Your charge of hypocrisy is therefore hollow.

(November 3, 2016 at 5:32 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 3:15 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Before you start calling me a prude, keep in mind … I've seen about everything there is to see…
No doubt. And there are things I’ve seen that cannot be un-see and things I’ve done that I deeply regret. The best of men are men at best. So there are two choices: consider those primal and mysterious desires as shortcomings to overcome OR unapologetically embrace and indulge them. Or maybe a little bit of both.

[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think it's an evacuated-middle. Some folks' proclivities are other folks' perversions.

But trying to justify his admission of sexual assault by bringing up rape fantasies and softcore reading material is horseshit, and you and I both know that.

You're comfortable supporting him, apparently. More power to you. But tread cautiously moving forward in making arguments based on morality, Chad. After all, you're obviously willing to compromise your proclaimed morality in this case.

(November 3, 2016 at 5:49 pm)A Theist Wrote: [...] a pay to play scam like Hillary's.

... written by a guy plumping for a candidate who's being sued for ripping people off through Trump U ...

... amongst other scams ...

(November 3, 2016 at 5:16 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 4:58 pm)Cecelia Wrote: Even if Trump's presidency was a total failure--his supporters would see it as a success.  Look at Kansas.  They're destroying each other with their tea party policies, but the policies are still popular there.  The idea is more important than the results to a lot of people.

But that's been the case for a long time. The Tea Party and Trump's base are nothing more than American conservatism's dark, unwashed underbelly. And what have conservatives preached since Reagan -- actually even earlier, with Goldwater? Government is the problem, not the solution. These people don't believe in sound governance. They don't even seem to believe it's possible. They bitch when the opposition is in power and, as they see it, screws up everything in sight. And they don't give a damn when it's their own people screwing up everything because . . . well, that's what government does. It's a self-reinforcing bullshit story that the GOP has ridden to success time and again.

Not just that. When Obama took office, they explicitly set out to hamstring government in order to demonstrate the rectitude of their views by providing a current example. I can't remember if it was Boehner or McConnell who stated it, but I sure remember it being said.

There's a word for that -- sabotage.

Conservatives always complain about the 'liberal media', but if there were a liberal news station as liberal as FOX NEWS is conservative... they'd really freak out. I mean imagine Sean Penn as a commentator, and Hillary Clinton telling America to call Sean Penn.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 379 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Do you feel different about Bill Clinton's sexual past? CapnAwesome 89 12341 November 23, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Trump could be booted, installing Clinton as president Foxaèr 18 4696 June 9, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The positive case for voting Hillary Clinton for president. Whateverist 113 14171 November 7, 2016 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christopher Hitchens vs Hillary Clinton Czechlervitz30 67 6898 October 19, 2016 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hillary Clinton's tech guy might have asked reddit how to remove details from emails Tiberius 10 1777 September 24, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Tastes of Clinton and Trump Supporters Cecelia 14 2772 September 14, 2016 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Hillary Clinton YahwehIsTheWay 18 2710 August 3, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Losty
Video Top Chris Christie aide breaks rank and supports Clinton Kosh 0 447 August 2, 2016 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  Hillary Clinton and the DNC, My Thoughts Mechaghostman2 1 773 July 31, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: dyresand