Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tastes of Clinton and Trump Supporters
The Tastes of Clinton and Trump Supporters
http://graphics.wsj.com/elections/2016/facebook-likes/

I found this interesting.  A lot of Trump supporters seem to be evangelical, though Hillary isn't exempt from this (with a Joel Osteen book appearing on the Top 5 books of Clinton Supporters).  The movies for Donald Trump's side though are... wow.  I mean God's Not Dead?  Seriously?  Even most Christians I know think that movie was a steaming pile of fecal matter.  Also does Tim Tebow even count as an athlete any more?
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: The Tastes of Clinton and Trump Supporters
Tim Tebow just got signed to the New York Mets farm team. So I think he still counts.

#chomp
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(September 10, 2016 at 12:26 pm)Cecelia Wrote: http://graphics.wsj.com/elections/2016/facebook-likes/

I found this interesting.  A lot of Trump supporters seem to be evangelical, though Hillary isn't exempt from this (with a Joel Osteen book appearing on the Top 5 books of Clinton Supporters).  The movies for Donald Trump's side though are... wow.  I mean God's Not Dead?  Seriously?  Even most Christians I know think that movie was a steaming pile of fecal matter.  Also does Tim Tebow even count as an athlete any more?

Leaving aside the two camps' tastes in pop culture, I am amazed (though I probably shouldn't be at this point) at the desperation among Evangelicals to remain politically relevant that they would even consider backing Trump, who is clearly not of their ilk. I'm not saying that Clinton should be the default choice for them, either.

I guess I'm saying that I pine for the good old days when Evangelicals tended to be apolitical . . . disdaining things of "this world" and all that jazz.
I've found Hilary supporters have a sort of sweet and sour taste; Trump supports are pretty gristly and get stuck in the throat.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(September 11, 2016 at 2:38 am)robvalue Wrote: I've found Hilary supporters have a sort of sweet and sour taste; Trump supports are pretty gristly and get stuck in the throat.

[Image: kAT8Fsu.gif]
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(September 11, 2016 at 5:45 am)Arkilogue Wrote:
(September 11, 2016 at 2:38 am)robvalue Wrote: I've found Hilary supporters have a sort of sweet and sour taste; Trump supports are pretty gristly and get stuck in the throat.

[Image: kAT8Fsu.gif]

Great movie.
Just throwing it out there.... with this election trump and hillary supporters to me seem the same not saying you guys are though. Big Grin
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Geez, not that the Clinton supporters have great taste, but Ted Nugent, Adam Sandler, God's Not Dead, and Duck Dynasty? What are the worst aspects of American pop culture, Alex?

That actually explains a lot, though. Brain-dead entertainment for brain-dead voters.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 10, 2016 at 1:03 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Tim Tebow just got signed to the New York Mets farm team.  So I think he still counts.

#chomp

It's hard to be an effective NFL quarterback when your best play is a Hail Mary.
(September 13, 2016 at 4:56 pm)dyresand Wrote: Just throwing it out there.... with this election trump and hillary supporters to me seem the same not saying you guys are though. Big Grin

And people who disdain practical political decisions in favor of perfection always remind me of infants crying for their momma's tit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 342 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 983 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Question for the Trump supporters The Valkyrie 33 3021 June 13, 2020 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1390 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive? A Godzilla fan 27 1880 September 5, 2019 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Drich
  [Serious] Dozens Of Crazed Trump Supporters Form “Human Wall” Along Southern Border Cepheus Ace 40 2556 February 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36691 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  How messed up are Trump Supporters? Minimalist 463 34202 January 23, 2019 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2386 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Trump and his right-wing blowjob supporters. Jehanne 3 728 April 22, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne