Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
(April 29, 2018 at 5:14 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: It’s a long road to travel, even with these restrictions I’ve put on myself, but it’s been a long time and I’ve been through a lot of them (even a couple shows that are no longer on the list.) At the moment, I’ve got Ash vs. Evil Dead Season 1 from the library and Handmaids Tale on Hulu and I’ll probably be looking at Episode 2, Series 2 of Westworld when it premieres tonight.

Ash vs. Evil Dead is on Netflix now.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 30, 2018 at 12:20 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(April 29, 2018 at 5:14 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: It’s a long road to travel, even with these restrictions I’ve put on myself, but it’s been a long time and I’ve been through a lot of them (even a couple shows that are no longer on the list.) At the moment, I’ve got Ash vs. Evil Dead Season 1 from the library and Handmaids Tale on Hulu and I’ll probably be looking at Episode 2, Series 2 of Westworld when it premieres tonight.

Ash vs. Evil Dead is on Netflix now.

I was made aware of that when it came on Netflix in December. Some series are on Hulu and DVD, some on Netflix and DVD, some on only one, and a few (Sons of Anarchy and Parks and Recreation are the only ones currently on my list that fit in this category; others did, but either they decided to go to one streaming service exclusively, I watched it and it was thus removed, or, in one case, the creator turned out to be a total Jerk-off in more ways than one) are on all three.

I decided to watch it on DVD at the library just because I felt like it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Watched the first episode of Dark.

Reading the subtitles is a bit of a pain, because I don't know German, and overall it is a slow watch. I think I already know what is going on, though.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Spoilers in regard to Dark:

Watching the show on the boyfriend's Netflix account, and now suddenly it's in English. LOL. Must have previously been viewing the original foreign version, because the English words being spoken isn't matching up with their moving lips on Netflix.
~ Erin Hunter
Okay, already have the next two shows I want to watch after Dark.

Season 4 of Black Mirror.
The newest season of Doctor Who where the doctor is a woman.
~ Erin Hunter
(April 30, 2018 at 6:36 pm)Kit Wrote: Spoilers in regard to Dark:

Watching the show on the boyfriend's Netflix account, and now suddenly it's in English.  LOL.  Must have previously been viewing the original foreign version, because the English words being spoken isn't matching up with their moving lips on Netflix.

From what I've heard, the show defaults to English on America's Netflix. How is the dub, by the way? I figure it won't match the German lip-synch, but do their performances of the dub actors try to fit the characters?

(April 30, 2018 at 10:55 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: From what I've heard, the show defaults to English on America's Netflix. How is the dub, by the way? I figure it won't match the German lip-synch, but do their performances of the dub actors try to fit the characters?

The "dub" honestly isn't that bad. Only if you're "intently" paying attention to their lips does it become bothersome.
~ Erin Hunter
(April 30, 2018 at 11:16 pm)Kit Wrote:
(April 30, 2018 at 10:55 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: From what I've heard, the show defaults to English on America's Netflix. How is the dub, by the way? I figure it won't match the German lip-synch, but do their performances of the dub actors try to fit the characters?

The "dub" honestly isn't that bad. Only if you're "intently" paying attention to their lips does it become bothersome.

I've been feeling a bit of trepidation about the dub, although I suppose that most of the people hating on it online have been opposed to English dubs on principle. I can't find any samples on youtube.

Alien Covenant is on HBO currently.

Kinda annoying we have David/Walter as an evil robot. Sheesh, when have we ever seen a movie with an evil robot ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

On the latest Westworld episode: is everything an excuse by multi-million-dollar corporations and/or the government to gather personal information on random people?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 573 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1037 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3435 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4