Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
(May 1, 2018 at 11:14 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: On the latest Westworld episode: is everything an excuse by multi-million-dollar corporations and/or the government to gather personal information on random people?

No idea. I only watched a few episodes of the first season before I got bored with the show.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 1, 2018 at 11:22 am)Kit Wrote:
(May 1, 2018 at 11:14 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: On the latest Westworld episode: is everything an excuse by multi-million-dollar corporations and/or the government to gather personal information on random people?

No idea. I only watched a few episodes of the first season before I got bored with the show.

According to the latest episode, beyond the huge experiment in AI/ultra-expensive theme park that it is, it's real purpose involves harvesting Data (and even DNA) from the guests, just like Facebook. This was seriously their goal all along. I'm not sure how to react to that.

I don't know what's worse, that this is becoming a ubiquitous plot in speculative fiction (to the point where the ADIs in "Hated in the Nation" were only sanctioned if they could be used to spy on ordinary Britons, because they prioritised the surveillance state over the potential extinction of the fucking human race) or the fact that this is becoming ubiquitous in fact.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Going to start on the fourth season of Black Mirror.
~ Erin Hunter
Black Mirror does not disappoint. With the first episode of season four, it premiered with a bang. I just know I am going to enjoy the rest of the season. Maybe I'll return to Dark afterwards. Maybe.
~ Erin Hunter
Episode almost done, and I'm still not sure why the third one of Black Mirror is called "Crocodile".

Had to look it up; it's because crocodiles have great memories. There were no crocodiles in the episode, though.
~ Erin Hunter
(May 2, 2018 at 9:15 pm)Kit Wrote: Episode almost done, and I'm still not sure why the third one of Black Mirror is called "Crocodile".

In my Anglotopia column about Part 1 of Series 4, I linked to this article explaining it. Essentially, Mia is one, metaphotically, I mean.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 2, 2018 at 9:33 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(May 2, 2018 at 9:15 pm)Kit Wrote: Episode almost done, and I'm still not sure why the third one of Black Mirror is called "Crocodile".

In my Anglotopia column about Part 1 of Series 4, I linked to this article explaining it. Essentially, Mia is one, metaphotically, I mean.

That's actually the article that popped up during my search. hehe, cool.
~ Erin Hunter
Season four of Black Mirror complete. Only six episodes, but all well executed.

My favorites:
Hang the DJ
Black Museum

The last episode, Black Museum, was especially well named and well done. Definitely the best choice for the last episode.

I was searching online, seems there will be a fifth season. I eagerly await it.
~ Erin Hunter
Looks like they made a television show about our Valk:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6467482/
~ Erin Hunter
Doctor Who is not on Netflix. What kind of nonsense is that?

OMG, looks like I'm going to have to watch Altered Carbon:

[Image: joel-kinnaman-shirtless-altered-carbon-netflix.jpg]
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 571 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1035 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4