Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 8:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
Might as well finish watching Dark before I start anything new.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Was almost considering not continuing to watch Dark, but it is getting better. The whole

confuses me, but otherwise I am glad that I stuck with it. Three episodes left.

Edit:

~ Erin Hunter
Due to the Arrested Development Season 4 remix being released today, I will be putting off watching Dark for a couple days. I've been interested in the concept of a more linear Season 4 of Arrested Development since I got into the show a couple years ago and the team announced they were working on it. Now they have. Dark, by contrast, I only heard about a couple months ago. Then again, given that I just got done with The Handmaid's Tale (at least what's been released so far), something lighter may be in order.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 4, 2018 at 6:33 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Due to the Arrested Development Season 4 remix being released today, I will be putting off watching Dark for a couple days. I've been interested in the concept of a more linear Season 4 of Arrested Development since I got into the show a couple years ago and the team announced they were working on it. Now they have. Dark, by contrast, I only heard about a couple months ago. Then again, given that I just got done with The Handmaid's Tale (at least what's been released so far), something lighter may be in order.

Never got into Arrested Development. Never saw one episode.

Yeah, I heard that Handmaid's Tale is freaking dark. I'm hesitating, because I'm uncertain if I can handle it.
~ Erin Hunter
(May 4, 2018 at 6:35 pm)Kit Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 6:33 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Due to the Arrested Development Season 4 remix being released today, I will be putting off watching Dark for a couple days. I've been interested in the concept of a more linear Season 4 of Arrested Development since I got into the show a couple years ago and the team announced they were working on it. Now they have. Dark, by contrast, I only heard about a couple months ago. Then again, given that I just got done with The Handmaid's Tale (at least what's been released so far), something lighter may be in order.

Never got into Arrested Development. Never saw one episode.

Yeah, I heard that Handmaid's Tale is freaking dark. I'm hesitating, because I'm uncertain if I can handle it.

Well, the showrunner revealed he hopes the show will last into ten seasons, and he fully expects there to be a season where Gilead has fallen:

Bruce Miller Wrote:“I roughed it out to about 10 seasons when I was first working on it. I see a world beyond [the current one]. I would watch an episode about the Nuremberg trials after Gilead falls. There are lots of worlds you think of: ‘I would love that season — seasons eight, nine or 10, where everything has changed so much.'”

Just remember: Gilead will fall. That certainly made watching it easier on me. Not sure if it will work for you.

(May 4, 2018 at 6:49 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 6:35 pm)Kit Wrote: Never got into Arrested Development. Never saw one episode.

Well, the showrunner revealed he hopes the show will last into ten seasons, and he fully expects there to be a season where Gilead has fallen:

Bruce Miller Wrote:“I roughed it out to about 10 seasons when I was first working on it. I see a world beyond [the current one]. I would watch an episode about the Nuremberg trials after Gilead falls. There are lots of worlds you think of: ‘I would love that season — seasons eight, nine or 10, where everything has changed so much.'”

Just remember: Gilead will fall. That certainly made watching it easier on me. Not sure if it will work for you.

No idea who Gilead is.
~ Erin Hunter
(May 4, 2018 at 6:52 pm)Kit Wrote:
(May 4, 2018 at 6:49 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Well, the showrunner revealed he hopes the show will last into ten seasons, and he fully expects there to be a season where Gilead has fallen:

No idea who Gilead is.

The theocracy that was once the United States in The Handmaid's Tale

Finished watching Dark.

Interesting concept for a show. Still confused about the ending,

, but I suppose they did it that way to pave the way for a second season.

Going to watch the second season of Marvel's Jessica Jones. I'll save Altered Carbon for later.
~ Erin Hunter
Giving Jessica Jones a break tonight for some comedy: the second season of Disjointed.
~ Erin Hunter
Finally started watching Dark. Went through Episode 1 (so far so good, although it's not quite as gripping as I was expecting, no doubt because there are nine episodes left.)

Then again, it will be put on hold yet again because of the latest episode of Westworld. Then again, it's only an hour of tablet time. I only watched part of that one so far, but given that the first ten minutes show us so much about the world we didn't yet know, from the fact that one of the parks is set during the British Raj to the fact that the boundaries between the parks are thinner than tissue paper, and that Arnold's consciousness virus is apparently anthroponotic (unless they programmed the tigers as an exception to the "hosts can't actually hurt you" rule established in the pilot, and given that A: all the animals in the park are Hosts, except for the flies, and B: there is no way in Hell even Delos would be allowed to put a real endangered apex predator in a position where it can kill humans or be killed.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1706 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 580 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1039 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3435 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2519 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1095 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4