Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
(May 23, 2018 at 6:14 pm)Kit Wrote: Going to catch up on the newest season of Roseanne on Hulu. (boyfriend switched to the no commercial plan)

Why?

You'd be better off cutting yourself.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 23, 2018 at 6:23 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(May 23, 2018 at 6:14 pm)Kit Wrote: Going to catch up on the newest season of Roseanne on Hulu.  (boyfriend switched to the no commercial plan)

Why?

I've always liked the show. I especially enjoy reruns. I was glad to hear the news of the show returning.

A recent line from Roseanne:

"The happiest kids are raised in cages. And it keeps the meat tender."

You'd like the show, and you know it. Tongue
(May 23, 2018 at 6:25 pm)Kit Wrote:
(May 23, 2018 at 6:23 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Why?

I've always liked the show. I especially enjoy reruns. I was glad to hear the news of the show returning.

A recent line from Roseanne:

"The happiest kids are raised in cages. And it keeps the meat tender."

You'd like the show, and you know it. Tongue

I've watched it. Well, the original show.

The best part of it was turning it off when the title theme started.
>_>

Then how'd you watch it?
(May 23, 2018 at 6:34 pm)Kit Wrote: >_>

Then how'd you watch it?

Because I had watched a number of episodes and came yo the conclusion that off was the best option.
You were missing out, just saying.
Starting my binge of 13 Reasons Why since I've finally finished Invader Zim.

And now I see this at the beginning of Episode 1.

I just hope I don't have to deal with this at the beginning of EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. The series can be pretty preachy and the backlash that says it glamorises suicide has been pretty vocal, but the prospect of having to deal with this 26 times before I move on to my next series makes it all seem pretty frustrating.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:

Then don't watch the show, unless it's for your column. I heard it's a dumb show anyway.
(May 24, 2018 at 9:12 pm)Kit Wrote:
(May 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:

Then don't watch the show, unless it's for your column. I heard it's a dumb show anyway.

Honestly, I liked this show when it first came out. As invested as I was at the time, (I still waited for the prospect of Tyler shooting up the school from the moment I saw him with those Ammo crates in Episode 13) I haven't revisited it since. The first time I watched the show, around the middle of the series, there was an announcement that the show was going to start including trigger warnings (specifically during some of the later episodes). I rolled my eyes at that, but it was just an unobtrusive card at the beginning of some episodes. And for the record, after reading your post, I fast forwarded to the second episode and it did not begin with that PSA. Apparently, it's going to just be at the beginning of each season, so it won't be this intrusive. The show can be a harrowing experience for someone who was bullied in school, but, really, at this point I'm just glad I'll only have to bother with it twice.

Honestly, the PSA is annoying, but I understand why Netflix needs to include it (blatantly explaining that they shouldn't do what Hannah Baker did because the target audience is liable to actually do it; if inventors WITH DOCTORATES can watch Black Mirror and still think it's a good idea make the fucked-up inventions within a reality, teens in a toxic high school environment are liable to kill themselves), but I know for a fact I've been a part of movie experiences with more repetitive PSAs as a prelude. When I went to see Gravity, I had to deal with a PSA about the chemicals in cigarettes that played over and over several times before the movie actually started. The movie, of course, was great. And, at any rate, I've sat through even more infuriating series, like The L Word.

Also, since 13 Reasons Why is not British, it cannot be part of my column.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Didn't realize your column only included British content. Then Safe should be a good one to include. Unless I'm just not as intuitive as other people, I wonder how many people watched it and realized who the killer was before the end. I was certainly shocked.

Some nice knowledge to include is that Michael C. Hall, who is not British, did quite well with the accent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 572 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1035 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4