Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 12:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
Well, it is for Anglotopia. It can be tempting to consider other shows for Anglotopia, and my most likely other candidates were “End of the Fucking World”, which I would have treated as a long film (its being renewed kind of dampened my enthusiasm for that idea), and “Inside No. 9”, (honestly, when I first heard about the series, it was what I expected Black Mirror to be like) of which only Series 1 and 2 are available on Hulu, Series 4 is bootlegged on Daily Motion, and Series 3’s availability is more scattershot. The poor availability is a big part of why I’m not doing one for that.

And honestly, if you want to see dumb high school dramas, I just found out about the Heathers reboot. Apparently, the popular girls who get killed are going to be fat, gay, trans, and black and Veronica is going to stay a straight, thin, white girl.

This could have worked out so much better if it was about the oppressed students rebelling against the popular, more normative, kids, and then turning out to be just as cruel as their oppressors because the “Prejudice plus Power” paradigm is self-serving bullshit. But as it is, it seems like an Alt-right reactionary fantasy about getting back at all the minorities who hate you because you hate them.

Also, Dexter Morgan does a n excellent British Accent? Definitely a plus in their favor.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I was considering watching The End of the F*cking World, but unless they actually do a good job of making him a proper psychopath, I feel as though I will be disappointed watching it.

I never even saw the original Heathers.

Yes, he does an excellent British accent.
Season thirteen of Supernatural is finally available on Netflix.

[Image: DearSoggyGrasshopper-max-1mb.gif]

Time to binge watch it before I begin my CNA training next week.
I am totally schoolgirling over the 13th season.
Continuing with Supernatural. On episode eleven.
23 episodes in two days. Not bad.
Enjoying this animation, no I'm not too old for cartoons, called Big Mouth.
(May 25, 2018 at 2:30 pm)Kit Wrote: Season thirteen of Supernatural is finally available on Netflix.

[Image: DearSoggyGrasshopper-max-1mb.gif]

Time to binge watch it before I begin my CNA training next week.
Like with Season 12, I missed more than half of it on DVR. I'm going to get a start on it soon. I am however, not the best at binge watching.

I mean IIRC our cable got switched to some useless wireless thing with a different DVR.
(May 26, 2018 at 10:14 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: Like with Season 12, I missed more than half of it on DVR. I'm going to get a start on it soon. I am however, not the best at binge watching.

Binging is easy for me. When I do something, I do it hard and all the way. It's why I'm a militant atheist. It's why I'm hardcore to the fucking bone, bitch, and I will slice a bitch for......nevermind, too far.
I love House M.D.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1708 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 580 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1039 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3435 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2519 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1095 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4