Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
Castle Rock

Quote:Based on the stories of Stephen King, the series will intertwine characters and themes from the fictional town of Castle Rock.

Will have to check it out when it premieres on July 25th, especially since it doesn't seem as though The Mist will be coming back for a second season.
Started watching The End Of The Fucking World, and I am enjoying it.
Catching up on Supergirl, I am hoping beyond hope that the writers are not attempting a reenactment of the Clark/Lex relationship between Kara/Lena.

It would be an absolute disappointment and a testament to the fact that the writers cannot create anything original. Hopefully, if the writers are smart, since the show is primarily based on the theme of strong women, such a disappointment can be avoided.

Something else regarding the show: they make a huge deal about how she gets her powers from the sun. When there's an eclipse, her powers wane, yet at night her powers don't wane. What's the difference? An eclipse is just an absence of light, just as night is.
Downloaded Killing Eve in preparation to watch it, but didn't feel like starting tonight.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Charmed is being remade.

Quote:Follows the lives of three sisters who, after the tragic death of their mother, discover they are powerful witches.

I will check it out, but something informs me it will not survive past season one; sorry, but the original, with its eight seasons, was better.
(July 19, 2018 at 10:20 pm)Kit Wrote: Charmed is being remade.

Quote:Follows the lives of three sisters who, after the tragic death of their mother, discover they are powerful witches.

I will check it out, but something informs me it will not survive past season one; sorry, but the original, with its eight seasons, was better.

I do wish people would have original thoughts occasionally.

Probably another show I won’t watch.
Dying to live, living to die.
Famed Buffy The Vampire Slayer to receive a reboot, not to be confused with a remake.

Quote:According to entertainment industry journal the Hollywood Reporter, an unnamed black actor has been lined up for the lead role in a “contemporary” version of the story.

I will watch the premiere and perhaps a couple of episodes when it is released, yet I doubt it will be as enjoyable as the original.
Season 8 of Shameless is finally available on Netflix.  Going to watch it.
Insatiable is finally available on Netflix. Going to give it a watch.
Catching up on Once Upon A Time, which I left behind at the end of the Peter Pan saga in season three.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 572 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1035 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4