Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
Started up Spartacus last week. The first handful of episodes were...kind of hot garbage, but the show really got good when it stopped trying to be a 300 clone.

Also, remember how much flak Game of Thrones got for all its 'gratuitous' sex scenes? Holy shit there's 10 times as many random sex scenes and rape and sexual violence in this show (though the balance between male/female nudity is better, you get plenty of cock in this show). I don't know if it's because Spartacus was more of a niche show on Starz before Game of Thrones got enormous, but I can't recall any backlash against it for it's huge amounts of nudity.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 2, 2018 at 11:53 am)Bob Kelso Wrote: Dean’s eyes though lol

Sam keeps telling me his eyes are up here, but I have selective hearing. Wink
(October 2, 2018 at 11:53 am)Bob Kelso Wrote:
(October 2, 2018 at 11:47 am)Kit Wrote: I'm more of a Sam fan for this reason:

Naughty

Dean’s eyes though lol

Yeah, I’m a Dean girl.

Love Supernatural, except they keep killing off the interesting supporting characters.

Dying to live, living to die.
(October 2, 2018 at 12:49 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(October 2, 2018 at 11:53 am)Bob Kelso Wrote: Dean’s eyes though lol

Yeah, I’m a Dean girl.

Love Supernatural, except they keep killing off the interesting supporting characters.

[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Finally watching the first two episodes of Season 5 of Bojack Horseman (although, full disclosure, I did do some peeking at some episodes, most notably "Free Churro" [because If I actually had to give an oration at my mother's funeral, I'd probably do something like that] and the obligatory Eleventh-Episode drama bomb that is "The Showstopper").

The biggest surprises so far:
* Contrary to what I expected (given that he's 6'7", and, you know, a horse), Bojack is not, in fact, hung like a horse if the Censor Objects in the first episode are any indication.
* The Vietnamese ending song in the second episode may actually be better than the regular ending song.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(October 2, 2018 at 11:53 am)Bob Kelso Wrote: Love Supernatural, except they keep killing off the interesting supporting characters.

That's sort of the opposite of what I liked about Spooks/MI-5: The main characters would be killed/retire/cycle out every couple seasons but the supporting characters were always there maintaining continuity - but then they started killing off supporting characters. That's when I stopped watching.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Got bored with women in prison, so I am going to check out something a little different.

Wynonna Earp

Quote:Based on the IDW Comic, Wynonna Earp follows Wyatt Earp's great great-granddaughter as she battles demons and other creatures. With her unique abilities and a posse of dysfunctional allies, she's the only thing that can bring the paranormal to justice.
Big Mouth, season two.

Woooooo!!!

Quote:Teenage friends find their lives upended by the wonders and horrors of puberty.
Binging between Cruncyroll and Netflix watched Disenchantment and Double Decker.
[Image: latest?cb=20100721025111]
(October 6, 2018 at 1:26 am)Draconic Aiur Wrote: Binging between Cruncyroll and Netflix watched Disenchantment and Double Decker.

I was kind of expecting better from Disenchantment, but it wasn't all that bad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 576 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1037 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3435 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2517 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4