Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
Handmaid's Tale was published in 1985 so it's no where near being public domain yet.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(October 24, 2018 at 6:25 am)Kit Wrote: On season two of The Handmaid's Tale.

I bet before this show was created, Margaret Atwood's book was free to read online. Now, one has to pay to read it. Luckily, I found a free PDF version.

I strongly suspect any sufficiently popular book can be found in a free ebook copy online (largely in less than legal versions, if it was written before 1923, at least.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Its good
[Image: latest?cb=20100721025111]
Here's something I rented from the library: David Attenborough's "Africa."

My favourite segments involve the birds, and, one of my favourites in this one involves ostriches teaching their chicks to find water. And while I can't find this one, here's a different clip of baby ostriches from another Attenborough documentary:

And, of course, the best parts of the animal kingdom had a fight with the worst of it: in one segment, these baby red-billed queleas were left alone while their parents went to find food. This leads to these monstrous-looking crickets trying to get into their nests and eat them. Naturally, I'm rooting for the birds, and, of course, as a nature documentary, we can expect a life or death struggle. So, one of them arrives in the nick of time to keep it from eating its altricial offspring, fighting with them. It kills the cricket, but not before it starts releasing this foul-smelling liquid that I think is its blood, but I'm not going to double-check because I never want to look at those monsters again. What does this do? It releases this chemical that attracts MORE of them. So what happens next. Well, good news: the swarm doesn't go after the birds. Instead, they become cannibals who feast on their dead cricket comrade. My reaction:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
David Attenborough is a god. I have his "Mammals," which is excellent.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina now available on Netflix.

Quote:As her 16th birthday nears, Sabrina must choose between the witch world of her family and the human world of her friends. Based on the Archie comic.

Time to watch it.

Oooooo, the yummeh Ross Lynch is in here. Naughty
(October 26, 2018 at 3:40 am)Kit Wrote: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina now available on Netflix.

Quote:As her 16th birthday nears, Sabrina must choose between the witch world of her family and the human world of her friends. Based on the Archie comic.

Time to watch it.

Oooooo, the yummeh Ross Lynch is in here.  Naughty

Time to finish watching it.  Currently on episode 7/10.

It's certainly not the innocent witchery with which we're familiar from Melissa Joan Hart.
If I was going to want to have sex with one of the male characters from Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, it would have to be Nicholas. The way he carries himself makes me want to wreck his ass.
CastleVania season 2 is here!
[Image: latest?cb=20100721025111]
For one whose fear of arachnids reaches phobia levels, the latest episode of Doctor Who is creeping me out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 571 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1035 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4