Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
A very unorthodox suggestion, especially coming from someone like me, The Baby-Sitters Club. Yes, the guy who’s obsessed with Nazi war crimes and other extreme human behavior, and whose favorite film Literally helped coin the word “ultra-violence,” is recommending a show like that. After hearing that it got a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, I was intrigued. Then, After binging the series, I found that this was a legitimately well-written show that not only managed to update the original pretty damn effectively, even fixing a lot of the glaring flaws in the original books, and even raising some social commentary in a way that feels organic with the show. It’s kinda strange to hear talk about Manzanar in a kids show, but they nailed it.

Indeed, one of the characters is heavily implied to be on the autism spectrum, and, if it helps sell Kit on the idea, there’s also a non-negligible number of gay characters. I suspect that at least some of the praise is colored by the fact that something so nice dropped in probably one of the shittiest points of recent history, but it’s still pretty good.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Enjoying Gossip Girl, but I am going to check out Warrior Nun

Quote:After waking up in a morgue, an orphaned teen discovers she now possesses superpowers as the chosen Halo Bearer for a secret sect of demon-hunting nuns.
Saw the first episode of Warrior Nun, and it was better than I was expecting.

But I've gone back to Gossip Girl, which seems more my speed at the moment, but I will get back to the warrior nun when I can.
On the second season, and I just realized that Gossip Girl's Dan is You's Joe.
Seven episodes in, and Warrior Nun is a pretty bad-ass show, and again it becomes obvious this is another show where the Church is accurately portrayed as the enemy.
Finished Warrior Nun, and I highly recommend it. It turned out much better than I was expecting.

Also, Gossip Girl intrigued me for the first season, but I doubt that I will be continuing with the show.

As for what I am going to watch next, I have settled on Marcella

Quote:Marcella Backland left the Metropolitan Police for the sake of her family, only to have her husband leave her. She returns to her job on the murder squad, investigating a case that seems disturbingly familiar to her.
The Netflix New Releases section is never properly updated.
Marcella really went off the deep end at the closure of season two.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Such a sweet end for Marcella. If there's going to be a season four, sources state it could take years.

Anywho, to search for what to watch next.
Three episodes into Bordertown

Quote:Quirky police detective, in Finland, delves into his mind palace to solve despicable crimes all the while trying to keep his family together. If Sherlock was based in Finland this would be it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 571 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1035 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4