Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
The Haunting of Bly Manor is coming to Netflix on October 9th.

Quote:After an au pair’s tragic death, Henry hires a young American nanny to care for his orphaned niece and nephew who reside at Bly Manor with the chef Owen, groundskeeper Jamie and housekeeper, Mrs. Grose.

Guess I'll give it a watch.

Also, the seventh season of The 100 is available.

But I'm currently finishing up the sixth season of Schitt's Creek.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Finished the sixth and final season of Schitt's Creek.

Now, onto some horror with the second season of The Haunting of Hill House renamed to make it seem as though it's a completely different show called The Haunting of Bly Manor.
~ Erin Hunter
I wasn't much impressed with The Haunting of Bly Manor, because it technically wasn't horror.

Now I'm watching the seventh season of The 100.
~ Erin Hunter
Nearly done with the seventh and final season of The 100. I decided to do a search to see if there would be an eighth season, and there will not. Hopefully, they ended the seventh season properly, knowing there would not be another season, or I am going to be upset.
~ Erin Hunter
I didn't know The Worst Witch was remade, and there are four seasons available on Netflix.

Quote:Mildred lives an ordinary until the day that Maud Spellbody crashes her broomstick into their balcony. Maud then introduces Mildred to Cackle's Academy - a school for young witches set high on a mountaintop.

Guess I'll give it a watch.

Afterwards, I might check out To The Lake

Quote:A terrible plague strikes and a group decides to risk their lives. Humanity struggles to survive ad they face the end of their civilization.
~ Erin Hunter
(October 10, 2020 at 9:24 pm)Eleven Wrote: Finished the sixth and final season of Schitt's Creek.

Now, onto some horror with the second season of The Haunting of Hill House renamed to make it seem as though it's a completely different show called The Haunting of Bly Manor.

I started watching this the other day...half watching anyway - more listening, while I sew.  It's got some funny lines.  I think I'd like a T-shirt that says - "I don't know what that means."  

Not sure what I'll be on to after I have watched all the seasons.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 10, 2020 at 9:24 pm)Eleven Wrote: Finished the sixth and final season of Schitt's Creek.

To be fair, given how The Haunting of Hill House basically kept the title, the characters' names, the conceit of a haunted house, and the fact that a girl named Theo was into girls and nothing else from the original novel, they may as well have just given it a different name anyway.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Was thinking about checking out The Queen's Gambit

Quote:Eight year-old orphan Beth Harmon is quiet, sullen, and by all appearances unremarkable. That is, until she plays her first game of chess. Her senses grow sharper, her thinking clearer, and for the first time in her life she feels herself fully in control. By the age of sixteen, she's competing for the U.S. Open championship. But as Beth hones her skills on the professional circuit, the stakes get higher, her isolation grows more frightening, and the thought of escape becomes all the more tempting. Based on the book by Walter Tevis.
~ Erin Hunter
Watched the first episode of the Mandalorian. I'm sure if you're into Star Wars it's great. I thought it was rather cliched.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
The Vow 2020 - just binge watched the first three episodes and OMG talk about compelling viewing! I guess we're lucky there was so much recording of dialogue - the facts - a documentary - BOOOOM HBO strikes again!  Popcorn

Quote:The Vow is an American true crime documentary series revolving around the cult NXIVM and its leader Keith Raniere. The series premiered on August 23, 2020 on 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 575 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1037 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3435 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2517 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4