Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
I've never seen any of the Star Trek shows in their entirety. Therefore, I am going to start watching The Next Generation, since it is the highest rated on IMDB.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I've been kinda sorta watching 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'  It's ok, doesn't really grab me. I'm halfway through the first series, I'll give it a few more episodes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I watched the first episode of HBO's Agents Of Chaos. It was more interesting than I had anticipated. I put it on as something boring to fall asleep watching. I had to turn it off as it was keeping me awake.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
The Queen's Gambit - 9.5/10

Watched the first episode last night of this limited series on Netflix & it's intriguing. As someone who loves chess, and has since I was 5 years old, it was, for once, to see actual,somewhat, legitimate chess moves. BTW, don't you, like, love, if you can, Oxford commas, if you must?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Looks like Paranormal is the next show to check out.

Quote:Set in the 1960s, the series, packed with mystery and suspense, depicts the adventures of PARANORMAL leading character Dr. Refaat Ismail, a single hematologist who finds himself faced with a series of supernatural events.
~ Erin Hunter
(November 7, 2020 at 8:21 pm)Eleven Wrote: Looks like Paranormal is the next show to check out.

Quote:Set in the 1960s, the series, packed with mystery and suspense, depicts the adventures of PARANORMAL leading character Dr. Refaat Ismail, a single hematologist who finds himself faced with a series of supernatural events.

It was good until the very end.

For six episodes, the main character is a skeptic. Then at the very end,

Cannot believe I wasted my time on six episodes just for that nonsense.
~ Erin Hunter
Just finished ‘Marcella’, an ITV police drama. The first two series series were pretty impressive, the third seems to have wandered off and forgot who all the characters were and what they were supposed to be doing.

Interesting structure, though. The titular character is a police detective who, under conditions of great stress, lapses into a fugue state (dissociative amnesia). She knows who she is and what she’s doing, but when she comes out of it, she can’t remember what went on. This leads her to suspect that she is involved in some of the murders she investigates.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 8, 2020 at 4:49 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Just finished ‘Marcella’, an ITV police drama. The first two series series were pretty impressive, the third seems to have wandered off and forgot who all the characters were and what they were supposed to be doing.

Interesting structure, though. The titular character is a police detective who, under conditions of great stress, lapses into a fugue state (dissociative amnesia). She knows who she is and what she’s doing, but when she comes out of it, she can’t remember what went on. This leads her to suspect that she is involved in some of the murders she investigates.

Boru

Saw it, liked it.
~ Erin Hunter
Dawson's Creek available on Netflix.

[Image: Dawsons_creek_crying_meme_400.jpg?auto=f...s&cs=strip]

I admit to having liked it when I watched it as a teenager in high school, but I probably wouldn't be able to stand the show now.
I am tired of scrolling Netflix and Amazon Prime Video trying to find something to watch (listen to) while I sew.

I went all through Shitt's Creek, which I enjoyed much more than I expected.

Very recently I watched the one and only season (so far) of Russian Doll.

Pretty sure I have hit all the music documentaries/concerts that hold any interest.

There are so many choices and none of them are speaking to me.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 580 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1039 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3435 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2517 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4