Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
(April 13, 2021 at 8:42 am)Eleven Wrote: Checking out the premiere of The Nevers.
Quote:An epic tale following a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies, and a mission that might change the world.

So far, off to a promising start. And it was created by Joss Whedon, so there's no doubt that it's going to be a spectacular show. Strong, powerful women, after all, is what the world needs.

Q: Why do you write strong female characters?
A: “How is this even a question? Why aren’t you asking a hundred other guys why they don’t?” ...... “Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women.”

And of course, in the show there is the bisexual eye candy. Got a nice look at his sweet rear end.

Saw that, and I agree - so far so good. Kind of jarring, though, to see Nick Frost as a vicious criminal kingpin.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 13, 2021 at 8:42 am)Eleven Wrote: Checking out the premiere of The Nevers.
Quote:An epic tale following a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies, and a mission that might change the world.

So far, off to a promising start. And it was created by Joss Whedon, so there's no doubt that it's going to be a spectacular show. Strong, powerful women, after all, is what the world needs.

Q: Why do you write strong female characters?
A: “How is this even a question? Why aren’t you asking a hundred other guys why they don’t?” ...... “Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women.”

And of course, in the show there is the bisexual eye candy. Got a nice look at his sweet rear end.

I may watch that now, thanks.

Of course, now Whedon is officially a cancelled person, so we aren't supposed to even whisper his name.  F cancel culture.
(April 14, 2021 at 5:07 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote: Of course, now Whedon is officially a cancelled person, so we aren't supposed to even whisper his name.  F cancel culture.

Didn't know the news about Joss Whedon until now.

It appears nothing has been proven, however.
Watching a lot of NCIS: Los Angeles.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Wow, what an ending to Gilmore Girls.

Now, it's time to check out Ginny & Georgia, which has been compared to Gilmore Girls.

Quote:Ginny Miller, an angsty fifteen-year-old, often feels more mature than her thirty-year-old mother, the irresistible and dynamic Georgia Miller.
Everybody talks about The Twilight Zone, but almost no one talks about Ray Bradbury Theater. I think that's a shame.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 15, 2021 at 5:22 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Everybody talks about The Twilight Zone, but almost no one talks about Ray Bradbury Theater. I think that's a shame.

Boru

Never heard of it till now.
(April 15, 2021 at 5:25 am)Eleven Wrote:
(April 15, 2021 at 5:22 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Everybody talks about The Twilight Zone, but almost no one talks about Ray Bradbury Theater. I think that's a shame.

Boru

Never heard of it till now.

That's my point. It was on for six years, and - at its best - was better than the best Twilight Zone episodes.

Boru
(April 15, 2021 at 6:00 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: That's my point. It was on for six years, and - at its best - was better than the best Twilight Zone episodes.

Boru

It's on Amazon Prime, so I suppose I'll give it a watch one of these days.
Finished Ginny & Georgia, but it's not similar to Gilmore Girls. The latter is a wholesome comedy while the former is a dark drama. The only commonality between the shows is how both mothers had a child at a young age.

Now, onto The Ray Bradbury Theater.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 571 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1035 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4