Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
Salem isn't free for me to watch on Amazon Prime, so I'm going to rewatch BTVS starting with the ending of season one.
Sorry, Eleven.  Confused

(April 29, 2021 at 6:39 am)Five Wrote: Sorry, Eleven.  Confused

Not your fault. Tongue
HGTV annoys me.

Give 120k to Hilary on Love it or List it, and she is always telling the homeowners about how the renovations are not within budget so something always has to be cut.

Give the same amount of money to The Property Brothers and they renovate an entire damn house.
I watched Sisyphus: The Myth on Netflix (one season). Korean with English subs.

I liked the science-fiction, liked the actors and the awkward romance.

My only criticism was the pacing. We don't need to have flashbacks to fill in every plot hole. Sometimes learning about them in the present is enough. It seems the series could've been half the length without losing much.

Still found it very enjoyable, though!
(April 29, 2021 at 5:00 pm)HappySkeptic Wrote: I watched Sisyphus: The Myth on Netflix (one season).  Korean with English subs.

I liked the science-fiction, liked the actors and the awkward romance.

My only criticism was the pacing.  We don't need to have flashbacks to fill in every plot hole.  Sometimes learning about them in the present is enough.  It seems the series could've been half the length without losing much.

Still found it very enjoyable, though!

I tried watching the Korean Sweet Home, but I gave up on it in the beginning out of boredom.

Perhaps I'll check out your suggestion.
Started watching Sisyphus.

I have a thing for Asian guys, so this guy is quite delicious.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Watched the first two episodes of season four of The Handmaid's Tale last night...wow, I thought it was already pretty dark...dayumn.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I've been watching a tv show called "Doc Martin" about a strict city doctor who comes to live in an English village where he is annoyed by everyone and everyone is annoyed by him.

[Image: Martin-3.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(May 1, 2021 at 5:57 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Watched the first two episodes of season four of The Handmaid's Tale last night...wow, I thought it was already pretty dark...dayumn.

Wow, four seasons? I haven't even seen season two. xD
I considered the first season so dark, it kind of put me off wanting to continue watching the series.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 571 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1035 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4