Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Television Thread
RE: Otter's Official Television Thread
Going to try something different and check out 911: Lone Star (Hulu)
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Finally getting around to watching NOS4A2. Didn't know the novel was by S Kings kid.

It's really creeping my wife out, she won't watch after dark.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I have been watching 'Dopesick'.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 11, 2021 at 4:34 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I have been watching 'Dopesick'.

Yeah, me too, a great tragedy.  How many of the people heading that company will serve so much as a day in prison?

We had a scandal here with a company called James Hardie Industries.. They sold asbestos products and other building materials.. They did pay some compensation to widows, but they managed to move their company and most of its assets offshore. Nobody went to prison.

One of our major banks was done recently for money laundering. 

My point is that sociopaths are found in big business pretty much everywhere. 

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"James Hardie Industries plc is a global building materials company and the largest global manufacturer of fibre cement products. Headquartered in Ireland, it is a cross-listed company, being listed on the Australian and New York Stock Exchanges. Its management team currently sits in Chicago, Illinois, United States.[1] James Hardie was plagued by several asbestos-related scandals in the 20th century.

In 1978 the effects of pleural abnormalities and other asbestos-related diseases were beginning to show up in the former mine workers. While other companies were involved in similar asbestos-related activities, most notably CSR, more than 50% of claims made to the Dust Diseases Tribunal of New South Wales in 2002 were brought against companies in the James Hardie group.[19]

James Hardie and its subsidiaries had been providing compensation for victims of its operations since the 1980s. Though some earlier claims had arisen, the proliferation of cases from the 1980s onwards forced James Hardie to acknowledge that it had known asbestos to be dangerous. James Hardie nonetheless maintained that it had done everything possible to protect workers.[20][21] In 1978 the company began putting warning labels on its products explaining that inhalation of the dust could result in cancer.[22] In March 1987 James Hardie ceased all asbestos manufacturing activities.[23]
As concern grew about the serious adverse health effects of asbestos, in the mid-1980s James Hardie developed an asbestos-free fibre cement technology, without the dangers associated with asbestos.[24]

James Hardie Industries - Wikipedia
I tuned into Supergirl's series finale after six years of watching the show and loving it. Though I still have some episodes I haven't seen since I was busy being locked up because of my mental illness, but I'll get caught up eventually. It was a good ending to a good show. Sad to see it go, but I'm glad they went off the air on a high note and didn't overstay their welcome.
Going to check out the original 911 (Hulu) next.
~ Erin Hunter
I came across [un]well on Netflix yesterday and have been watching it...wow, just wow.

So far I have seen episodes on essential oils, adults drinking breast milk for body building and general health, some crazy jungle hallucinogen, tantra, and extreme fasting.

It amazes me what people can be convinced of. It shouldn't after all we have encountered with COVID from claims of cures to claims of GPS tracking devices in the vaccines. There truly is a sucker born every minute.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Currently re-watching my very favourite WWII epic, ‘The Saga Of The Two Downed British Airmen And The Painting “The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies” By van Klump’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
All caught up on 'Wentworth', now back to trying to find something to watch.

I was unsurprised to learn that Ryan Murphy is the creator of 911, especially since I am hooked on both shows.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupidest show airing on television? Foxaèr 31 1703 July 22, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Comedy on television Foxaèr 2 571 September 6, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Question in relation to television series writing Foxaèr 1 754 October 29, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hammy's Official Music Thread Edwardo Piet 5 1035 October 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Still no official writing thread. Foxaèr 3 1094 January 25, 2016 at 4:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4