Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 5:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most epic boneheaded plays in NFL
Most epic boneheaded plays in NFL
Can be anything, coaching calls, player confusion.

I think the worst call in NFL history was when the Seahawks were on the what? 1 inch  line with a shot to beat the Patriots and the call a screen pass down the middle that got intercepted to lose the Superbowl to the Patriots. 

I don't know how many people remember Joe Theisman, but he was jerk off the field. Well the one that still sticks in my head was in our clusterfuck loss in Superbowl 18 against the Raiders. Our punter got hurt, and Theisman convinced Gibbs he could punt because he had done it in College. If I remember correctly we were backed up to our own end zone, not in  it but backed up. The punt went a net 12 yards. All could think was why didn't we use our place kicker? We lost to the Raiders 38 to 9.

But this gets played every so often Jim Marshall's wrong way run. 

RE: Most epic boneheaded plays in NFL
Yup the wrong way run was what I would have posted.

As far as my team, this one comes to mind:

He was attempting the Rabona, which he successfully accomplished in college:

"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Garo Yepremian!

... and of course Leon Lett, not once but twice the goat:

Diehard Cowboys fan that I am, that play endeared Don Beebe to me, because he did exactly what my high-school coach always preached: never give up on the play. And then against the Dolphins:

Out the bong down.

NFL films has this play listed as the number one worst play. I disagreed that it was a bad play at the time and I still do. It was a decent call; it was just a bad result. If they'd given the ball to Lynch, you could also have had a bad result. Marshawn Lynch is no guarantee against failure. And pass plays at the end zone tend to have a fairly high percentage of success. This was just a case of exceptional play by Butler. And that's not the fault of anyone on the Seahawks.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I why are these people playing rugby wearing so much padding?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6bKrs6gbWk

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I know it's not American hand-egg, but here's Phill Babb sliding into a goalpost

Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(September 24, 2017 at 2:14 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: NFL films has this play listed as the number one worst play.  I disagreed that it was a bad play at the time and I still do.  It was a decent call; it was just a bad result.  If they'd given the ball to Lynch, you could also have had a bad result.  Marshawn Lynch is no guarantee against failure.  And pass plays at the end zone tend to have a fairly high percentage of success.  This was just a case of exceptional play by Butler.  And that's not the fault of anyone on the Seahawks.

You know I love you but what the actual fark? 

Screen passes that close to the end zone are high risk low yield, and when you have the option of handing it off to a bulldozer of a running back, and you have the option of a good scrambling QB who could have done a sweep bootleg, if you are going to pass, would have been more likely to have drawn a cornerback open on the side. There was simply too much traffic. To me the coach calling that would be like telling your Airborne Troopers to jump out of  the plane without a parachute. I cannot in good conscious in my lifetime of watching the sport come even close to calling that a good call.

(September 24, 2017 at 5:51 am)Tazzycorn Wrote: I know it's not American hand-egg, but here's Phill Babb sliding into a goalpost

Damn! That hurt so bad my even my swimmers were doing a backstroke.
Oh my fucking Thor, history repeats itself again just now.

With seconds left in the half the Steelers got an attempted field goal blocked, Bears player scoops it up, runs the length of the field but SHOWBOATS by slowing down BEFORE he gets to the end zone and GETS THE BALL batted out of his hands knocked out of the end zone. MORON cost the Bears a touchdown.

I've always hated that and I am sure coaches hate it too.

FUCKING get in the end zone first then celebrate.

You fucking idiot!

Bears got lucky because they got the ball on the 1 because a Steeler after the fumble batted the ball out of the end zone. But that moron cost them a touchdown. But Bears got a field goal. Still fucking stupid.
(September 24, 2017 at 2:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Oh my fucking Thor, history repeats itself again just now.

With seconds left in the half the Steelers got an attempted field goal blocked, Bears player scoops it up, runs the length of the field but  SHOWBOATS by slowing down BEFORE he gets to the end zone and GETS THE BALL batted out of his hands knocked out of the end zone. MORON cost the Bears a touchdown.

You should adapt a little bit of rugby thinking for situations like that. In rugby a player who showboats before ensuring the try gets creamed.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That Unofficial NFL Thread Brian37 158 8689 March 11, 2024 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  How could I miss this rule for 55 years in the NFL? Brian37 14 1714 December 1, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  CFL VS NFL..... Brian37 28 3037 August 28, 2021 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Anyone watching the NFL draft? Brian37 11 1151 May 2, 2021 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  NFL Pro Bowl Brian37 0 276 January 31, 2021 at 9:39 am
  NFL and Covid....... Cam Newton..... Brian37 2 448 October 3, 2020 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NFL triva..... Brian37 2 344 September 29, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  NFL's Tom Dempsey latest victim of virus. Brian37 3 782 April 5, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Athene
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1050 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two NFL records broken this weekend. Brian37 0 339 January 20, 2019 at 11:21 pm