Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion, not Provocation
RE: Discussion, not Provocation
Jeebus this thread. What a bleak picture it paints, are things really that bad? I humbly suggest it be made viewable by member only, that way it won't deter casual visitors from registering.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Lets have more popularity threads. The end of the year is coming you know.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(November 1, 2017 at 1:19 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Does that mean there won't be anymore "Damned ________" threads?

I forgot exceptions. Damn "murderers" "rapists" "pedophiles" is something we allow.

"Catholics are murderers", we won't allow. "Hindus are rapists" also no. What are we discussing? The same happens in political threads. It doesn't foster discussion of Ideas. Think of this as "God hardened the Pharao's heart"-

Most of this forum now are polarized political threads, save for Little Rik, but who knows what he is talking about anyway?

Oh and Mafia. $%%&&.
Murder is not always a bad thing. What if someone is a part of ISIS, living in ISIS territory, and they decide to turn on ISIS and kill a few of them before escaping? Pedophiles are not all bad either. Most pedophiles probably don't end up abusing anyone in their lives, and research suggests that only about half of sex offenders who've committed crimes against children are actually pedophiles.
(November 8, 2017 at 8:19 am)Joods Wrote: People might as well file "someone not owning up to their shit" in the list that's been started in this thread. People who can't accept ownership of their faults and mistakes and instead look to reason away or blame others, is pretty pathetic

Yep.
I’m fairly sure most of the usual “good” reasons to kill someone make it not murder by definition, right?
Quote:Murder is not always a bad thing.

See - when they call it "murder" it is always a bad thing.

The fucking cops call it "I was afraid for my life."  It almost always works.
(November 8, 2017 at 8:44 pm)Shell B Wrote: I’m fairly sure most of the usual “good” reasons to kill someone make it not murder by definition, right?

"But your Honor, he needed killin'!" Not naming anyone here for that, BTW.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 8, 2017 at 8:44 pm)Shell B Wrote: I’m fairly sure most of the usual “good” reasons to kill someone make it not murder by definition, right?

Like:

Because they were there

????
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Wrong. If a German found out Hitler was gassing the Jews and decided to kill Hitler, that would have been murder and treason. But yes, murder is usually bad and it's often enough where it makes sense to generalize murderers as bad. Pedophiles on the other hand though, are being blamed for many of the sex offenses that non-pedophiles commit, and most of them probably don't offend in their lives, so "all pedos are bad" does not quite add up.
Wait, if you commit a sexual offense against a child, you're a pedophile. I don't care if the person says they're usually attracted to women or whatever. You clearly have a sexual attraction, however perverse or involving dominance or some other aspect that apologists will use to mitigate the pedophilia, to children. That said, I agree that not all pedophiles are offenders, not that I've ever met one who isn't, but I can make a logical assumption there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Future of the Forums (Discussion) Tiberius 130 20315 May 6, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger