Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 6:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ybe an atheist
RE: Ybe an atheist
LOL what a weirdo. I like it!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(May 24, 2018 at 11:46 pm)Kit Wrote: Ybe, would you consider it reasonable to not believe in fairies despite there being no evidence they don't exist?
Define fairies, and explain what it means to believe in them and what you mean by evidence. Then tell me why I should believe your definitions are reasonable.

I haven't received a logical reasonable reason for being an A yet. So perhaps you should also explain what you mean by reasonable..

(May 24, 2018 at 6:08 pm)Astreja Wrote:
(May 24, 2018 at 4:21 pm)Ybe Wrote: So then,  saying one is "profoundly, chronically unconvinced" that an A has any logical rational reason for being an A is sufficient to declare,   "(As) are without any logical rational reason to be an (A)"

Yes, it is.  I am an atheist because I do not believe that gods are real.  If and when an actual god-like being manifests in physical form in my presence, I can update that opinion to fit the new data.

I am now profoundly chronically convinced that you have no logical reason for being an A.
(May 24, 2018 at 2:42 pm)Ybe Wrote: " I'm nominally an atheist because every definition of God I've heard of consists of one or more of the following: 1) Incoherent 2) Untestable 3) Relabelling"
AND
"I have not seen any evidence or arguments for god that I find convincing.  I find them to be flawed, fallacious,, and in the best of situations merely inconclusive.  It's logical for me to withhold belief in a proposition until sufficient evidence has been adduced, so I am an atheist."
------------------------
( I will apologize, now for any errors in keeping track of y'all). I am asking my Q to (As), if you consider yourself one.  

It seems you 2 folk  believe you have some coherent, testable, non-relabeling, non-flawed, non-fallacious, logical. reason  to answer the:
Q.  Is there any logical. reasonable. rational reason to be an A?

Am I correct, that you both believe your view(s) to be rational, etc?

Yes, I gave you my reasons. You can challenge any of them if you want. You can produce a reason I should care, or produce a definition of God that doesn't fall into my three categories. So far, every theist I have talked to has failed on all these counts. I'm not saying with certainty that a theist will never succeed. But until such time, I'm an atheist and an apatheist. I'm quite comfortable with that, and I'm comfortable with other people being theists, whether they have good reasons or not.

If you don't think my reasons are rational, I'm also comfortable with that. You're welcome to say why.

With regard to a generic creator, I'm completely undecided. This is still being an atheist, if you call such thing a god, since I lack belief that it's real as of yet.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 24, 2018 at 11:42 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Asked and answered, I have plenty now....... sure.  I;m no longer a child, lol.

OK you have plenty now. But can you give a logical reasonable for being an A.
Whereas I;m "profoundly chronically" convinced that you -do- have a reason for being an A.  Just a different kind of A.   Jerkoff

(May 25, 2018 at 12:30 am)Ybe Wrote:
(May 24, 2018 at 11:42 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Asked and answered, I have plenty now....... sure.  I;m no longer a child, lol.

OK you have plenty now. But can you give a logical reasonable for being an A.

OFC I can.  Next.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 24, 2018 at 5:48 pm)Joods Wrote:
(May 24, 2018 at 5:05 pm)Ybe Wrote: You can provide a reason, but it wasn't by reason.

You don't have a very good grasp of the English language do you?

Quote:

I am not anyone's sock.  I am YBe if you don't believe me ask G.   Smile

I am not asking your imaginary friend if you are who you say you are.

Quote:

I am not following anyone and this is my only thread on this forum.  Not sure what is going on with you. Perhaps you misjudge about something.

Paranoid much? I was referring to one of our seasoned members. You do understand that term don't you?

Tonks, if he's properly seasoned, why the hell isn't he in the oven yet?!? Some of us are hungry! Angel

(May 24, 2018 at 11:44 pm)Ybe Wrote: This thread is about atheists giving logical reasonable reason for being an A

From what I've seen so far, this thread is about you wanking off with word salad and semantics bullshit.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Why would anyone need a reason to be an atheist? We don’t believe in any gods so we are atheist by default.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(May 25, 2018 at 12:29 am)robvalue Wrote:
(May 24, 2018 at 2:42 pm)Ybe Wrote: " I'm nominally an atheist because every definition of God I've heard of consists of one or more of the following: 1) Incoherent 2) Untestable 3) Relabelling"
AND
"I have not seen any evidence or arguments for god that I find convincing.  I find them to be flawed, fallacious,, and in the best of situations merely inconclusive.  It's logical for me to withhold belief in a proposition until sufficient evidence has been adduced, so I am an atheist."
------------------------
( I will apologize, now for any errors in keeping track of y'all). I am asking my Q to (As), if you consider yourself one.  

It seems you 2 folk  believe you have some coherent, testable, non-relabeling, non-flawed, non-fallacious, logical. reason  to answer the:
Q.  Is there any logical. reasonable. rational reason to be an A?

Am I correct, that you both believe your view(s) to be rational, etc?

Yes, I gave you my reasons. You can challenge any of them if you want. You can produce a reason I should care, or produce a definition of God that doesn't fall into my three categories. So far, every theist I have talked to has failed on all these counts. I'm not saying with certainty that a theist will never succeed. But until such time, I'm an atheist and an apatheist. I'm quite comfortable with that, and I'm comfortable with other people being theists, whether they have good reasons or not.

If you don't think my reasons are rational, I'm also comfortable with that. You're welcome to say why.

With regard to a generic creator, I'm completely undecided. This is still being an atheist, if you call such thing a god, since I lack belief that it's real as of yet.

So, you believe your view to be rational. And your logical, rational, reasonable reason for being an A is every definition of G you've heard is one or more of the following  1) Incoherent 2) Untestable 3) Relabelling".

Perhaps  you can clarify by giving your definitions  of 1) Incoherent 2) Untestable 3) Relabelling. Oh yeah,  be sure that they are  1) Coherent 2) Testable 3)  and never Relabeled.

No offense, but your reason appears to be incoherent. Aren't you saying your reasonable reason for being an A is justified because you have reasonably reasoned about G definitions?

Moderator Notice
Edited to fix quote. ~Losty
You seem like the kind of guy who would demand that someone define the word "rock" as it flew toward your head..as though that would stop it from hitting you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Ybe: "I am now profoundly chronically convinced that you have no logical reason for being an A."

Logical or not logical, I am an atheist and there isn't one fucking thing you can do to change that.