Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 7:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence for a god. Do you have any ?
RE: Evidence for a god. Do you have any ?
(January 3, 2019 at 2:37 am)Amarok Wrote:
(January 3, 2019 at 1:45 am)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: -Sorry, I'll stick with what science has shown us.  You can believe whatever you like.  No abiogenesis.  Fiction created by fiction enthusiasts, then brainwashing people to buy into the nonsense.

-Answer to what?  I provided a response and you just quoted it.  What more do you want?  But I can tell you what I would love to see.  A video of something inorganic forming something organic.  How about nothing exploding into something?  If it's scientific, I'm sure you should have no problem providing a demonstration of it happening.   Naughty
Accept science has not shown this . It's got nothing to do with belief . Nope it's science based on observation of science studied by scientists . And the rest is conspiracy speak .

No one cares what you want to see . The evidence for abiogenesis or big bang is there and accepted by scientific community .

Oh and can you provide a video of life always existing or life only ever coming from life forever and ever.  No not just life replicating I mean life originating from life or life itself lacking an origin  . After all if it's science surely you can provide a demonstration   or are a man of double standards ?

And no ones claiming nothing exploded (considering the big bang wasn't an explosion ) into something so your demands is unreasonable. But even if they were your proof it couldn't happen is ?No not the current state of the universe does not permit it or this or that this thing or that thing doesn't occur that way . I mean universally there is no way it could ever occur  . What would be awesome is to see something supernatural create something and then provide any reason to believe that it's supernatural   . Oh right god is beyond science yada yada .

Oh his statement makes no sense as all as technically all organic compounds are formed of inorganic compounds oh and organic does not mean alive , And stranger still is god organic and did he use the organic to create the organic ?

Enough with the logical fallacies.  Just show a video of it, then it can be settled.
There's a big difference between spontaneous generation (which has effectively been debunked and wasn't exactly scientific anyway) and abiogenesis as we understand it now in the modern sense (which is pretty much well-accepted in the scientific community broadly speaking, it's just not clear how exactly it came about). For one, no one is saying that bacteria directly emerge from non-life.

So can we now stop pretending they're the same thing? Thank you.
(January 3, 2019 at 10:07 am)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 3, 2019 at 2:37 am)Amarok Wrote: Accept science has not shown this . It's got nothing to do with belief . Nope it's science based on observation of science studied by scientists . And the rest is conspiracy speak .

No one cares what you want to see . The evidence for abiogenesis or big bang is there and accepted by scientific community .

Oh and can you provide a video of life always existing or life only ever coming from life forever and ever.  No not just life replicating I mean life originating from life or life itself lacking an origin  . After all if it's science surely you can provide a demonstration   or are a man of double standards ?

And no ones claiming nothing exploded (considering the big bang wasn't an explosion ) into something so your demands is unreasonable. But even if they were your proof it couldn't happen is ?No not the current state of the universe does not permit it or this or that this thing or that thing doesn't occur that way . I mean universally there is no way it could ever occur  . What would be awesome is to see something supernatural create something and then provide any reason to believe that it's supernatural   . Oh right god is beyond science yada yada .

Oh his statement makes no sense as all as technically all organic compounds are formed of inorganic compounds oh and organic does not mean alive , And stranger still is god organic and did he use the organic to create the organic ?

Enough with the logical fallacies.  Just show a video of it, then it can be settled.
This is by far your dumbest argument.

Can you show me a video of your god?
(January 3, 2019 at 12:22 am)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 2, 2019 at 11:01 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: If you see the big bang as an effect, then your silly god has physical effects, and that puts it well within the purview of scientific inquiry.  The unfalsifiability of the "supernatural" is what people retreat to..but not what people believe.  We're absolute garbage at coming up with genuinely unfalsifiable propositions.  Probably has something to do with being a meat mind in a material world.  All of our referents are equally material...and so too, do we imagine god to be, even if we bullshit people for pages and pages only to shoot ourselves in the foot with a single sentence.

That doesn't even make sense because it assumes dependency when there is none.  If I paint a picture, on its own that picture cannot demand anything of me.  I could throw it in the trash and it would have no say in the matter.  I could paint over it with a different picture and it couldn't do anything about it.  The cause determines the effect, not the other way around.  As such, by what power or authority would you force God to submit to your demands?  Of course the predictable response is a tantrum while stating that "there is no God"  Of course your whole argument puts you more at odds with the idea of deism.  Maybe I should go find a hardcore deist you can go round-n-round with them about it instead.  Might save me a headache. Think
Said god has already submitted to "my demands"...by doing something that science can and does study.  You fucked the pooch.  

(January 3, 2019 at 10:07 am)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Enough with the logical fallacies.  Just show a video of it, then it can be settled.
Can you point out whatever fallacy you're referring to in the text you quoted?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
After all, if you can't show a video of a murder, it didn't happen.
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
(January 3, 2019 at 10:07 am)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: Enough with the logical fallacies.  Just show a video of it, then it can be settled.

Ever read the thread title, troll? Dead Horse
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(January 3, 2019 at 2:37 am)Amarok Wrote: Accept science has not shown this . It's got nothing to do with belief . Nope it's science based on observation of science studied by scientists . And the rest is conspiracy speak .

Simply calling my post logical fallacies is not a counter . And your request is denied .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

No video would survive. We do, however, have a snapshot of a later stage in the CMBR. And that snapshot tells us a LOT about what the universe was like at that time and before.

(January 3, 2019 at 12:22 am)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 2, 2019 at 11:01 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: If you see the big bang as an effect, then your silly god has physical effects, and that puts it well within the purview of scientific inquiry.  The unfalsifiability of the "supernatural" is what people retreat to..but not what people believe.  We're absolute garbage at coming up with genuinely unfalsifiable propositions.  Probably has something to do with being a meat mind in a material world.  All of our referents are equally material...and so too, do we imagine god to be, even if we bullshit people for pages and pages only to shoot ourselves in the foot with a single sentence.

That doesn't even make sense because it assumes dependency when there is none.  If I paint a picture, on its own that picture cannot demand anything of me.  I could throw it in the trash and it would have no say in the matter.  I could paint over it with a different picture and it couldn't do anything about it.  The cause determines the effect, not the other way around.  As such, by what power or authority would you force God to submit to your demands?  Of course the predictable response is a tantrum while stating that "there is no God"  Of course your whole argument puts you more at odds with the idea of deism.  Maybe I should go find a hardcore deist you can go round-n-round with them about it instead.  Might save me a headache. Think

And the reason the picture cannot make such demands is that the picture isn't a conscious entity. If. on the other hand, it were conscious, then moral rules would apply to it and you would NOT have the right to destroy it and it *would* have the right to question you.
(January 2, 2019 at 1:58 pm)Angelina Wrote: https://feedthehungry.org/about-us/our-mission/
(January 2, 2019 at 5:30 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: In the case of Feed the Hungry, however, it appears that only 1.8 % of the profits were going to charity (http://www.ag.ny.gov/media_center/2010/j...plaint.pdf). Also according to the complaint, Feed the Hungry sought further donations by falsely claiming to have funded thousands of charitable meals.
http://www.scamraiders.com/m/blogpost?id...st%3A15145

Not true. The only complaint filed was about a CAR donation program in one small chapter of their organization.

Here are the actual facts:

93%
(Percent of the charity's total expenses spent on the programs and services it delivers)

You can view all their tax forms online to verify this, at this web page

https://feedthehungry.org/about-us/finan...ntability/

(January 2, 2019 at 1:58 pm)Angelina Wrote: https://www.ifcj.ca/site/SPageNavigator/...4315C2A8EA
(January 2, 2019 at 5:30 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Oh this one is both from Jews and Christians - well we all know how they work together.
Actually, that's why I included it (there are literally thousands of other links to Christian websites regarding feeding the hungry)
Christians and Jews have become great allies in the war against poverty, disease, and hunger in the world.

(January 2, 2019 at 1:58 pm)Angelina Wrote: https://www.stjames.org/service/meal-programs/
On Tuesday mornings and Friday evenings volunteers meet in the kitchen at St. James’ to prepare and serve a meal to more than 90 hungry and homeless guests.  Our volunteer chefs design creative menus and prepare delicious and hearty meals – green salads, main dishes, and desserts all prepared from scratch. The food we serve is tangible evidence of our concern for our neighbors in need. 
(January 2, 2019 at 5:30 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Actually homeless people don't like eating like that because Christians force them to pray and do other stuff they don't like.

Listen there are Christians that do good but there are far more bad Christians like creationists, people that let women die because they don't allow abortion, greedy ones and so on.
Christians who are providing them with food and shelter and clothes and counseling "force" them to pray? Hmmm
(January 2, 2019 at 5:30 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Here's one example where on surface it looks like Christians are doing good but when you look at it better it's actually pretty bad

I love Samantha Bee! She is so awesome! I am not a Catholic.
Angelina Wrote:Christians and Jews have become great allies in the war against poverty, disease, and hunger in the world.

Not realy:
Jewish leader Rabbi Yosef Shalom Eliashiv issued a ruling banning Haredi Jews from taking funds from the Fellowship, citing worries of Christian missionary activity and idol worship.

Rabbi Avraham Shapira, a rabbi of Zionism and Orthodox Judaism, issued a ruling against accepting funds from the Fellowship. In 2002 the Edah HaChareidis Ultra-Orthodox Jewish rabbinical court issued a ruling against accepting funds from the Fellowship, and, in 2007, the new Chief Rabbi of the said Edah HaChareidis, Yitzchok Tuvia Weiss added his signature.

In 2014, many Religious Zionist rabbis reiterated their position that it is forbidden to take money from the IFCJ. Religious Zionist rabbis claim the enrollment of many Israeli children in summer camps problematic, as the Israeli Ministry of Education utilizes IFCJ money to partially funds their camps.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internat...s_and_Jews

Angelina Wrote:I am not a Catholic.

So Catholics are not real Christians? Their deeds don't count as Christian deeds?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have any interest in the philosophies of introflection pioneered by Buddhism? Authari 67 2966 January 12, 2024 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2593 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3473 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1753 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4981 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Mike Litorus owns god without any verses no one 3 430 July 9, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8382 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2963 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1067 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2678 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball