Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 9:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madeiline McCann coverup
RE: Madeiline McCann coverup
(October 25, 2018 at 11:38 am)Shell B Wrote: To be clear, the parents are not the victims, so this is not victim blaming. The child is the victim.

I'd argue that both the parents and the child are victims. For all intents and purposes, parents have some degree of "ownership" over their children. Having a child abducted from them is certainly something I would classify as an offense against the parent as well as against the child, and parents of abducted children certainly feel like victims.
Divorrrrrrrrrrce!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

*runs off*
(October 25, 2018 at 5:36 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Divorrrrrrrrrrce!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

*runs off*

Who? them or the McCann's Smile
(October 25, 2018 at 2:08 pm)Losty Wrote: @robvalue- I don’t know a lot about the case. Are the parents government agents? Are they crazy rich enough to influence government agents? I don’t understand why the government would conspire to cover up a murder for two average joes. Maybe the girl was abducted, maybe she ran away and was later abducted, maybe her parents really did kill her and they covered it up really well. In any case I highly doubt the government is trying to cover anything up unless there’s something special about this family, maybe there is...I didn’t watch the videos or read the whole thread so maybe I’m missing something?

Even we dumb Portuguese fellas know the MacCann were 'close' to the British PM of the time, Gordon Brown. right from the start. The investigation was stifled.

Let me ask you one thing: if you gathered 2 milion pounds in donations to search for your daughter, would you spend any money on a PR manager?
(October 25, 2018 at 5:39 pm)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(October 25, 2018 at 5:36 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Divorrrrrrrrrrce!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

*runs off*

Who? them or the McCann's Smile

The MacCan are good catholics. They will never divorce because you know, that guy they think its there?
(October 25, 2018 at 5:46 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Even we dumb Portuguese fellas know the MacCann were 'close' to the British PM of the time, Gordon Brown. right from the start. The investigation was stifled.

Can you provide any actual evidence that they were "close"?

Quote:Let me ask you one thing: if you gathered 2 milion pounds in donations to search for your daughter, would you spend any money on a PR manager?

Perhaps if the media and conspiracy theorists hadn't kept pushing the story that she'd already died, they wouldn't have had to. For some reason, the parents were attacked consistently, public opinion was being turned against them, I don't blame them for hiring someone to try and get the message back on track that they didn't kill Maddie and that people should still be searching for her. BTW, a number of papers ultimately apologized to the McCanns for pushing the theory that they were somehow involved.
(October 25, 2018 at 5:26 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(October 25, 2018 at 11:38 am)Shell B Wrote: To be clear, the parents are not the victims, so this is not victim blaming. The child is the victim.

I'd argue that both the parents and the child are victims. For all intents and purposes, parents have some degree of "ownership" over their children. Having a child abducted from them is certainly something I would classify as an offense against the parent as well as against the child, and parents of abducted children certainly feel like victims.

I wouldn’t class them as victims when they leave their kids all alone to arguably be murdered. Nope.
For anyone who is interested in knowing more about this case, what might have really happened, and why it may have been covered up, I recommend the 3 part series beginning with this video.

It’s really clever, the way this is all handled. The media blasts everyone with a narrative, so that it becomes "common knowledge". Then, anyone who suggests anything might be amiss is treated as a nutter, and their ideas not taken seriously. I’m sure many people are thinking this right now, thus proving its effects, while reinforcing those effects by me even suggesting it. It is very clever, I will grant them that. I don’t know exactly why it was covered up, although there are several workable hypotheses. I would hope most people here know me well enough that I’m not stupid, and wouldn’t even create this thread in the first place without very good reason.

Of course, I’m not suggesting tin-foil mode here. Many people who spout "conspiracy theories" are indeed nutters. I’m suggesting being open minded and following evidence. It’s not maniacs endlessly ranting that has changed my mind, it’s actual documented facts. This case has disturbed me because it has opened my eyes to how easily this strategy works. I, like many other people, believed the Portuguese botched the investigation and it’s for this reason Maddie was never found. It wasn’t until I happened to click on some random YouTube videos about it all these years later, that I actually studied the case, and I’m shocked. The level of corruption in this country is a lot higher than I had thought. You have to be extremely careful what sources you trust for information.

It’s incredible that the way the evidence actually points is considered the conspiracy theory in this case. A job well done, on their part.

PS 20:00 minute mark: wow. This just happens to be exactly my own hypothesis I posted recently, before I watched this video. I was following the evidence.

Also I highly recommend this series. It goes into detail about the actual coverup, and corruption.

Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Have they done one on the WTC?
(October 26, 2018 at 5:57 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Have they done one on the WTC?

Who, the McCann's? 

[I'll get my coat  Panic ]
"Be Excellent To Each Other"