Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 6:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Putting it in my mouth
RE: Putting it in my mouth
Making a double batch of chili in my Dutch oven. Simmering it in the oven instead of on the stovetop. One recipe called for one hour, another called for three. I'll sample it after an hour.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
This evening is succotash with bacon.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Just baked a 9x13 pan of tilapia. I set them in milk for about a half hour before whipping up some pico, covering the fillets, drizzling it with lemon juice - tented, 350 for 25 minutes. Served on a bed of herb and garlic pilaf.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 24, 2022 at 7:22 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Just baked a 9x13 pan of tilapia.  I set them in milk for about a half hour before whipping up some pico, covering the fillets, drizzling it with lemon juice - tented, 350 for 25 minutes.  Served on a bed of herb and garlic pilaf.

Probably good. I can't eat onions or tomatoes, and I'm allergic to all citrus. I envy you people who can have this type of food. Oh yeah- lactose intolerant, too. At least there are pills for that!  Dodgy
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The milk doesn't go into the dish. Chemical reaction, reverses the process that creates off flavor - always an issue in freshwater fish. They get washed and patted dry. The garlic, peppers, and cilantro are the main notes - if you ever wanted to try it. It's my go to way to make tilapia for people who don't like tilapia. The main trick is to make sure that none of the filets touch each other.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Getting ready to nom some fresh mahi mahi.
Spaghetti and garlic bread.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Apple crumble.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Minestrone soup from a mix. And I had some sliced-up Andouille sausage in the freezer that I threw in as well.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Pineapple.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 533 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  "putting time in perspective," and some fun facts! Catholic_Lady 49 9569 July 15, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Putting Creed's Humanism Back thesummerqueen 5 3169 December 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  School putting too much emphasis on sports passionatefool 15 6422 November 10, 2011 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious