Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 4:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Putting it in my mouth
RE: Putting it in my mouth
(December 26, 2023 at 12:24 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(December 23, 2023 at 6:39 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Husband made it clear early on that instant grits are a no go.

Okily dokily.

Forgive the ignorance of an Aussie but, WHAT TF ARE GRITS??!!

Grits were a new thing for me and it took a while to learn to like them and to make them.

Growing up in the Midwest, we often had hash browns or fried potatoes with breakfast.  The south tends toward grits instead.  They take on the flavor of whatever you put on/in them.

Husband's method is to take everything made for breakfast (eggs over easy, sausage or bacon) and mush it all together in the grits, add butter, cheese, salt and pepper so that it looks like something that was already eaten and then yacked up.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 26, 2023 at 7:16 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(December 26, 2023 at 12:24 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Okily dokily.

Grits were a new thing for me and it took a while to learn to like them and to make them.

Growing up in the Midwest, we often had hash browns or fried potatoes with breakfast.  The south tends toward grits instead.  They take on the flavor of whatever you put on/in them.

Husband's method is to take everything made for breakfast (eggs over easy, sausage or bacon) and mush it all together in the grits, add butter, cheese, salt and pepper so that it looks like something that was already eaten and then yacked up.

I'm picturing Mr Creosote...
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 26, 2023 at 12:24 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(December 23, 2023 at 6:39 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Husband made it clear early on that instant grits are a no go.

Okily dokily.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Grits are dual purpose in the south:

If you’re dealing with an anthill causing you trouble, here’s a quirky solution: feed the ants grits! Yes, you read that right—grits, the humble breakfast food. Here’s how it works:

Sprinkle dry grits around the anthill.
The ants will consume the grits.
They’ll then drink water, causing the grits to swell up inside them.
The result? Ants that swell up and explode.
You might start seeing results in as little as 24 hours, and entire anthills can vanish within a few days. Trust me; you really can kill ants with grits! 🐜🍽️1.

Side note - Our African Grey loves grits.  So far she hasn't exploded; thankfully.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 26, 2023 at 9:31 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Grits are dual purpose in the south:

If you’re dealing with an anthill causing you trouble, here’s a quirky solution: feed the ants grits! Yes, you read that right—grits, the humble breakfast food. Here’s how it works:

You might start seeing results in as little as 24 hours, and entire anthills can vanish within a few days. Trust me; you really can kill ants with grits! 🐜🍽️1.

Side note - Our African Grey loves grits.  So far she hasn't exploded; thankfully.

That's a myth, actually. About killing ants with grits, I mean - I'm perfectly happy to take you at your word that your parrot hasn't exploded.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 27, 2023 at 5:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 26, 2023 at 9:31 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Grits are dual purpose in the south:

That's a myth, actually. About killing ants with grits, I mean - I'm perfectly happy to take you at your word that your parrot hasn't exploded.

Boru

I know it's a myth - but we sure heard it from a lot of people in SC.

Even fire doesn't get rid of fire ants....they just move temporarily.

Italian sausage, pesto, and mushroom pizza. I like the convenience of air-frying pizza, but the results aren't as good as oven-baked. Thus I've returned to using the oven.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Cheese tortellini in arrabbiata pasta sauce with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Sloppy joes from McCormick's mix. Mostly dry ingredients today. No fresh veggies involved. What I did do is increase the amount of prepared mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar that I added significantly. I liked the result, but I'll use less brown sugar next time. It was a bit sweet.
Fettuccine pomodoro with shrimp and mussels.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 533 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  "putting time in perspective," and some fun facts! Catholic_Lady 49 9569 July 15, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Putting Creed's Humanism Back thesummerqueen 5 3169 December 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  School putting too much emphasis on sports passionatefool 15 6422 November 10, 2011 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious