Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 6:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(August 10, 2021 at 12:23 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 12:16 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: This just happened:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politic...s-n1260310

Gov. Cuomo resigns.

Good for him doing the right thing - politically.....

Now I hope he gets a fair shake in any legal proceedings.

I can’t shake the feeling that his resignation WAS the legal proceeding, ie ‘Quit and we won’t prosecute.’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 10, 2021 at 12:45 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 12:23 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Good for him doing the right thing - politically.....

Now I hope he gets a fair shake in any legal proceedings.

I can’t shake the feeling that his resignation WAS the legal proceeding, ie ‘Quit and we won’t prosecute.’

Boru

That would be sleazy as hell....

Political blackmail in fact..... " resign or we will charge you" says somebody' s politics outweight a victim' s right to see justice or a falsely accused defendant the chance to clear their name....
(August 10, 2021 at 2:41 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 12:45 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can’t shake the feeling that his resignation WAS the legal proceeding, ie ‘Quit and we won’t prosecute.’

Boru

Political blackmail in fact..... " resign or we will charge you" says somebody' s politics outweight a victim' s right to see justice or a falsely accused defendant the chance to clear their name....

Blackmail? In politics? Say it ain’t so!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 10, 2021 at 2:41 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 12:45 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can’t shake the feeling that his resignation WAS the legal proceeding, ie ‘Quit and we won’t prosecute.’

Boru

From what I've heard criminal prosecution for the sex charges would be a waste of money, not enough bang for the buck. They might consider criminal charges related to his covid book. I don't know enough of the details to speculate more.

Also, there is still a possibility of civil cases.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
And OLB leaps to the defense of an almost certain serial sex pest and arguably a mass murderer of the elderly.

Why am I not surprised  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 10, 2021 at 3:33 pm)Helios Wrote: And OLB leaps to the defense of an almost certain serial sex pest and arguably a mass murderer of the elderly.

Why am I not surprised  Dodgy

Where?

Where is he defending Cuomo?

Quote it or shut it.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Well, he seems seriously defensive of him ..... Dodgy

And no  I won't shut up  Dodgy

Now go back to polishing OLB's boots I have no more time to waste on his lackeys.
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 10, 2021 at 3:42 pm)Helios Wrote: Well, he seems seriously defensive of him ..... Dodgy

Now go back to polishing his boots i have no more time to waste on you

Sounding like and is are two different things.

But keep running around with your nose up his ass. It looks good on you.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers on Tuesday formally rejected multiple bills passed by state lawmakers that would have imposed more restrictions for absentee voting in the state, calling them "anti-democratic."

One of the bills, which were passed by Wisconsin's Republican-controlled legislature in June, would have required voters to complete more paperwork to get an absentee ballot -- and others would have required elderly and disabled residents to provide a photo ID to get a ballot and barred clerks from correcting defects on absentee ballot envelopes.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2021/08/...628612335/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 10, 2021 at 3:44 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(August 10, 2021 at 3:42 pm)Helios Wrote: Well, he seems seriously defensive of him ..... Dodgy

Now go back to polishing his boots i have no more time to waste on you

Sounding like and is are two different things.

But keep running around with your nose up his ass.  It looks good on you.
In this case, they are virtually indistinguishable (to anyone who doesn't have their head rammed up OLB ass)

But keep snarling and barking in his defense it suits you. Maybe OLB will give you a treat and a belly rub for being a good doggy Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4460 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 538 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1605 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37