Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 11:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(September 6, 2021 at 4:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 5, 2021 at 10:07 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: No.

I don' t feel either was justified and think were pretty much the same thing - assholes acting out because they didn' t get their way.

It seems I was right. Since you can agree that some violence in the cause of a greater good is justifiable, but want to cling to the idea that violence in the cause of greater racial equality is not justifiable, I've wasted my time.

Boru

And you did what I specifically said would be unfair.

I call that a draw...

Quote:And you di what I specifically said would be unfair.

I call that a draw...
Nope it was totally fair 

Buro wins and you lose  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

And cue the jilted cheerleader..
Quote:And cue the jilted cheerleader..
Cue the drooling moron who can't handle he lost because his whole argument is based on a fallacy and impotently lashes out like a child. What was that again about assholes acting out? Hehe

Cry harder Debbie Hehe

PS Your delusions I'm attracted to you in any way shape or form is both sad and pathetic. Setting aside the fact I'm not gay and I'm already in a relationship. I have standards and knuckle-dragging troglodyte falls short of those standards. Which firmly would rule you out even if I was gay or single. So this is yet another made-up narrative you can shove dumbass Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(September 6, 2021 at 7:37 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(September 6, 2021 at 4:59 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It seems I was right. Since you can agree that some violence in the cause of a greater good is justifiable, but want to cling to the idea that violence in the cause of greater racial equality is not justifiable, I've wasted my time.

Boru

And you did what I specifically said would be unfair.

I call that a draw...

Nope, just playing by your rules - you said that an act can be justified and not good. I asked if the riots were justifiable, not if they were good.

Quote:And no fair pronouncing one politically motivated act as " good".

Nope. Didn’t do that. Didn’t do that at all.
Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 6, 2021 at 8:21 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 6, 2021 at 7:37 am)onlinebiker Wrote: And you did what I specifically said would be unfair.

I call that a draw...

Nope, just playing by your rules - you said that an act can be justified and not good. I asked if the riots were justifiable, not if they were good.

Quote:And no fair pronouncing one politically motivated act as " good".

Nope. Didn’t do that. Didn’t do that at all.
Boru

I will give you point for that.

But the riots were not justified either.

There were plenty of other better options that could have been taken.
No there weren't and even if there were. That' wouldn't mean they were not jutified  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Not now Phylis... Grown ups are talking...
Quote:Not now Phylis... Grown ups are talking.
Your right Debbie adults are talking so see yourself out while we talk   Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Researchers studying Facebook misinformation say they were deplatformed

Quote:New York University researchers discovered scathing new data on the spread of misinformation on Facebook, despite the site curtailing their research, even going so far as deplatforming them.

The study found that from August 2020 to January 2021, misinformation got six times more clicks on Facebook than posts containing factual news. Misinformation also accounted for the vast majority of engagement with far right posts — 68% — compared to 36% of posts coming from the far left.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/05/media/rel...index.html
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4461 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 538 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1606 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37