Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 1:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
I am watching the debate over holding Bannon to account. Holy f is this a joke. Bannon should have a ball and chain around his ankle.
(October 21, 2021 at 3:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I am watching the debate over holding Bannon to account. Holy f is this a joke. Bannon should have a ball and chain around his ankle.

You realized he hasn’t been convicted of anything, right? You can’t call due process ‘a joke’ simply because Bannon is a scumbag.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 21, 2021 at 11:56 am)Helios Wrote:
Quote:Yup. Sure looks like he lost his temper and acted like a cunt.

At very least he should be booted from the force. Jail time isn' t inappropriate.
Nope jail 

Quote:Note - the big difference between this incident and the " whipping immigrants by Border Patrol"?

Pictures of injury.
Doesn't matter if there are pictures of injuries the pictures are enough you only concede on this one because you can't deny it.

Be fair - OLB said ‘Jail time isn’t inappropriate. I think we can safely agree with that.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 21, 2021 at 3:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 11:56 am)Helios Wrote: Nope jail 

Doesn't matter if there are pictures of injuries the pictures are enough you only concede on this one because you can't deny it.

Be fair - OLB said ‘Jail time isn’t inappropriate. I think we can safely agree with that.

Boru
Yes, but I don't think he agrees with it for the same reason as us.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(October 21, 2021 at 3:44 pm)Helios Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 3:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Be fair - OLB said ‘Jail time isn’t inappropriate. I think we can safely agree with that.

Boru
Yes, but I don't think he agrees with it for the same reason as us.

He said it’s appropriate for a cop who assaulted a citizen without cause to spend time in jail. I’ll take it.

Boru
(October 21, 2021 at 3:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I am watching the debate over holding Bannon to account. Holy f is this a joke. Bannon should have a ball and chain around his ankle.

From the news photo in the HuffPost US, he looks as if he already does.  Such an extinguished looking gentleman. NO, I don't fucking mean distinguished. Dodgy
(October 21, 2021 at 5:06 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:

From the news photo in the HuffPost US, he looks as if he already does.  Such an extinguished looking gentleman. NO, I don't fucking mean distinguished. Dodgy

Bannon has always reminded me of one of the lawyers from my hometown. He always looked as though he woke up under a bridge somewhere. Hair always a mess and greasy and you could figure out his last several meals by the stains on his suit and tie. Funny thing is that his brother-in-law was also a lawyer in town who looked like he could have made money on the side as a model.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 21, 2021 at 5:21 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 5:06 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:  From the news photo in the HuffPost US, he looks as if he already does.  Such an extinguished looking gentleman. NO, I don't fucking mean distinguished. Dodgy

Bannon has always reminded me of one of the lawyers from my hometown.  He always looked as though he woke up under a bridge somewhere.  Hair always a mess and greasy and you could figure out his last several meals by the stains on his suit and tie.  Funny thing is that his brother-in-law was also a lawyer in town who looked like he could have made money on the side as a model.

Do you think he's smart enough to look like that to piss off his apparently anal retentive brother and the rest of his family? Or is he perhaps more like  Billy, Jimmy Carter's brother?
(October 21, 2021 at 5:25 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 5:21 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Bannon has always reminded me of one of the lawyers from my hometown.  He always looked as though he woke up under a bridge somewhere.  Hair always a mess and greasy and you could figure out his last several meals by the stains on his suit and tie.  Funny thing is that his brother-in-law was also a lawyer in town who looked like he could have made money on the side as a model.

Do you think he's smart enough to look like that to piss off his apparently anal retentive brother and the rest of his family? Or is he perhaps more like  Billy, Jimmy Carter's brother?

I knew both families and each had a daughter in my grade at school. The one family was all a bunch of slobs while the other at least dressed as if they were high class. Not that they were since all three kids of the well-dressed family had at least one drunk driving charge and one spent time in the prison where my brother works for domestic violence.

Of course if you had that sort of a charge or a drug charge...it was the slob lawyer who could maybe get you out of it.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 21, 2021 at 5:38 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 5:25 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote: Do you think he's smart enough to look like that to piss off his apparently anal retentive brother and the rest of his family? Or is he perhaps more like  Billy, Jimmy Carter's brother?

I knew both families and each had a daughter in my grade at school.  The one family was all a bunch of slobs while the other at least dressed as if they were high class.  Not that they were since all three kids of the well-dressed family had at least one drunk driving charge and one spent time in the prison where my brother works for domestic violence.

Of course if you had that sort of a charge or a drug charge...it was the slob lawyer who could maybe get you out of it.

Some people are just naturally scruffy.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4421 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37