Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 9:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(October 21, 2021 at 5:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 5:38 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I knew both families and each had a daughter in my grade at school.  The one family was all a bunch of slobs while the other at least dressed as if they were high class.  Not that they were since all three kids of the well-dressed family had at least one drunk driving charge and one spent time in the prison where my brother works for domestic violence.

Of course if you had that sort of a charge or a drug charge...it was the slob lawyer who could maybe get you out of it.

Some people are just naturally scruffy.

Boru

'Scruffy' is actual quite generous.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 21, 2021 at 6:01 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 5:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Some people are just naturally scruffy.

Boru

Yeah, we’ll I’m having a good morning. Wink

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Steve Bannon looks like the shifty uncle no one invites to Thanksgiving dinner.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(October 21, 2021 at 5:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 5:38 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I knew both families and each had a daughter in my grade at school.  The one family was all a bunch of slobs while the other at least dressed as if they were high class.  Not that they were since all three kids of the well-dressed family had at least one drunk driving charge and one spent time in the prison where my brother works for domestic violence.

Of course if you had that sort of a charge or a drug charge...it was the slob lawyer who could maybe get you out of it.

Some people are just naturally scruffy.

Boru

I'm naturally scruffy. Bannon is a scumbag.
I don't think there is any sane person who does not value the concept of due process, and presumption of innocence. But Bannon is every fucking asshole who takes advantage of the system.
(October 21, 2021 at 7:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I don't think there is any sane person who does not value the concept of due process, and presumption of innocence. But Bannon is every fucking asshole who takes advantage of the system.

What would you know about what sane people think?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 21, 2021 at 7:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I don't think there is any sane person who does not value the concept of due process, and presumption of innocence. But Bannon is every fucking asshole who takes advantage of the system.

Well, you certainly don’t - you just said Bannon should have a ball and chain. I remind you again that he hasn’t been formally charged, arrested, tried, or convicted of anything. He is, at this point, an innocent man.

But you’re ready to put him to work on a chain gang and said that the hearings were ‘a joke’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 21, 2021 at 6:01 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 5:51 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Some people are just naturally scruffy.

Boru

Boris Johnson?

I'm not convinced. I think his look has been cultivated so people will underestimate him.  Doesn't work. The bloke is an ignorant and insensitive Hooray Henry on his best day.
(October 21, 2021 at 9:02 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:
(October 21, 2021 at 6:01 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: 'Scruffy' is actual quite generous.

Boris Johnson?

I'm not convinced. I think his look has been cultivated so people will underestimate him.  Doesn't work. The bloke is an ignorant and insensitive Hooray Henry on his best day.

Haha - no Steve Bannon...but Boris Johnson does seem to share the same stylist.

Wasn't sure where to put this. Apologies if it's been already dealt with:

Dave Chappelle on Netflix and LBGT jokes.

A whole bunch of people have gone and gotten their panties in a bunch about some stuff Dave Chappelle did on LBGT people. I watched him and heard the first gag. Thought it was tacky and unfunny so changed the channel. Pretty much my opinion of Dave Chappelle generally, same goes for Eddie Murphy who I think is a a misogynist pig. ( that opinion based on his stand up, "Raw")

My response to those who are offended: "You're offended? So fucking what?" In my opinion, free speech must include the right to offend. We have anti hate speech laws in Australia. I do not support them.

Below a link to a clip on free speech With Rowan Atkinson, Ricky Gervais and Stephen Fry which explains my position better than I can. Fascinated to hear other opinions, if any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOxJ-789YtA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4421 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37