Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 10:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(June 25, 2022 at 10:45 am)Helios Wrote: They are Pro-Life so long as they don't actually have to do anything. It's thoughts and prayers 2.0..... Dodgy

Actually, not even pro-life.  They are pro-pre-life.  Once you're actually born it's all over.  And yes, thoughts and prayers, as the Drive-By Truckers said in this song: "Stick it up your ass with your useless thoughts and prayers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkD4xSqNVII

(Woo-hoo!  I'm past 30/30, so I can post links within the rules!)
(June 25, 2022 at 2:28 pm)TheJefe817 Wrote:
(June 25, 2022 at 10:45 am)Helios Wrote: They are Pro-Life so long as they don't actually have to do anything. It's thoughts and prayers 2.0..... Dodgy

Actually, not even pro-life.  They are pro-pre-life.  Once you're actually born it's all over.  And yes, thoughts and prayers, as the Drive-By Truckers said in this song: "Stick it up your ass with your useless thoughts and prayers".

Thank you for playing by the rules...some people find it terribly difficult.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 25, 2022 at 2:28 pm)TheJefe817 Wrote:

We're changing the rules, without consultation, to 60/60.

What?
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 25, 2022 at 5:43 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 25, 2022 at 2:28 pm)TheJefe817 Wrote: (Woo-hoo!  I'm past 30/30, so I can post links within the rules!)

We're changing the rules, without consultation, to 60/60.

What?

*Gulp*

Was it something I said?
(June 25, 2022 at 7:23 pm)TheJefe817 Wrote:
(June 25, 2022 at 5:43 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: We're changing the rules, without consultation, to 60/60.

What?

*Gulp*

Was it something I said?

Nah.

You just need to get used to my sense of humour.

Wink
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 25, 2022 at 10:55 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 25, 2022 at 7:23 pm)TheJefe817 Wrote: *Gulp*

Was it something I said?

Nah.

Wink

I was hoping you would say that.  I mean, I've pretty much alienated a good portion of my friends, family and co-workers over the last few years over politics and now religion (or lack thereof).  I can't afford to immediately start pissing off the atheist world as well
It's lyme disease season for us northerners. Do you know what to look for?

[Image: disease-signs-lyme-diagnosis-symptoms-original.jpeg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Adding psychotherapy to pharmacologic treatment does not appear to improve treatment outcomes for patients with major depression, new research suggests.

Results of a cross-sectional, naturalistic, multicenter European study showed there were no significant differences in response rates between patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) who received combination treatment with psychotherapy and antidepressant medication in comparison with those who received antidepressant monotherapy, even when comparing different types of psychotherapy.

This "might emphasize the fundamental role of the underlying complex biological interrelationships in MDD and its treatment," said study investigator Lucie Bartova, MD, PhD, Clinical Division of General Psychiatry, Medical University of Vienna, Austria.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Ooops, said that part out loud.

After 'victory for white life' comment, GOP campaign says rep. misread (msn.com)

Rep. Mary Miller, R-Ill., said at an Illinois Trump rally Saturday that the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade was a "historic victory for white life."

"President Trump, on behalf of all the MAGA patriots in America, I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday," Miller said.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 25, 2022 at 11:48 pm)TheJefe817 Wrote:
(June 25, 2022 at 10:55 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Nah.

Wink

I was hoping you would say that.  I mean, I've pretty much alienated a good portion of my friends, family and co-workers over the last few years over politics and now religion (or lack thereof).  I can't afford to immediately start pissing off the atheist world as well

When it comes to Valk it's best to just say, "Yes, Ma'am."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4421 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37