Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(June 29, 2022 at 4:04 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/r-k...80d3bd0bb6

I'll make some popcorn while we wait for the apologists.

A federal judge sentenced singer and convicted sexual predator R. Kelly to 30 years in prison Wednesday.

Kelly was convicted last September of racketeering and violating the Mann Act, a sex trafficking law, including having sex with underage girls. He could have faced up to life in prison.
To me, it's interesting that Amber Herd is supposedly the death of MeToo despite it being an example of what the whole thing was about. But somehow get the impression the same people who say that won't consider this a counter to that claim it's dead ..... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Frankly, if a single woman repeatedly getting caught in a lie is enough to kill the #metoo movement, that’d probably mean it was nothing more than a pipe dream. And I’d really fucking prefer for the fight against sexual violence to not be a total pipe dream.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Florida Gov signs law requiring students, faculty be asked their political beliefs

The legislation will require public universities to survey students and staff annually about their beliefs to assess “viewpoint diversity” on campuses.

The bill does not specifically say what will be done with survey results, but DeSantis suggested budget cuts could be imminent if universities and colleges are found to be “indoctrinating” students.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/enr...aculty-be/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(June 29, 2022 at 11:58 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Frankly, if a single woman repeatedly getting caught in a lie is enough to kill the #metoo movement, that’d probably mean it was nothing more than a pipe dream. And I’d really fucking prefer for the fight against sexual violence to not be a total pipe dream.

It's being killed (to an extent) because the media and activists were doing the wrong type of activism, by demanding people "believe women" or "believe all women" rather than just taking accusations much more seriously, which is what it should have been about from the start. Not POS people like Oprah standing on the Oscars stage acting like she's a hero for speaking out while she literally got and fed victims to Weinstein.

And the main stream media is still in Amber's court. There are compilations I could provide, after the verdict came out, of woman after woman saying that Amber had all the evidence and the verdict just proves that America hates women. 

These women talking heads going on corporate media shows are STILL pushing the believe all women line, after the l**s we heard from Amber on the stand (If you're listening AWTY, I was just kidding. My post up until this point has been all satire. Amber Heard is completely telling the truth and I respect her truth and I believe her. Pretty please don't ban me because I would never question a real victim like Amber, unless I was doing satire).
(June 29, 2022 at 3:34 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: I'm from the land of sup-ed up ricers, where the cops figured out long ago that they caused more accidents chasing the better car than they prevented - not an issue of footraces (though I wouldn't be suprised to find that cops chasing on foot end up effecting asshole situations).  I have, myself, been racing so fast that the cops sent me a ticket and a summons in the mail rather than directly chasing me down to issue it in person (borrowed nsx - lost it, made good on what i owed the owner and payed the fine - not my only infraction, repeat offender, known racer..as a kid..as in I was racing cars before I had or could even get a license....I did all of my worst/best work in a gutted prelude and a 1973 450Benzo...stock.........).  Good thing..because I'm not exactly a pro driver and it's a minor miracle we didn't kill anybody, without the addition of yet another amateur in a fast car. I did, eventually, confine my speed addiction to a track and not even to cars, and that was basically the end of that, lol.  Drag bikes are my fucking thing, man. You can feel the wind. - and then I learned about jumping the fuck out of planes and forgot cars and bikes altogether.  

Where I'm from, police cant chase a person with a suspended license because chasing those people is more dangerous..demonstrably more dangerous...than sending them mail after the fact.  This entire state of affairs is predicate on the fact that no police chase, at any speed, for any duration...is safe.  Not to the perp, not to the pursuing officer, not the the many many many many many bystanders in-between.  This state of affairs was enacted...by the police..who...again where I'm from, have a whole lot of other shit to deal with.  

You're not sure about it, but the cops are......  sooooo........?

(as background - The Cops only knew me because I was part of their extended family - to the point that one really sweet and genuine cop gave me a good talking to just because I was standing -next- to a bumblebee yellow mustang, that had been the subject of many beach reports for speed and noise violations.  I'm not from an anti-cop family.........I'm one of those kids that got cut loose and isn't in jail today precisely because I knew cops from the cradle)

Well, they say this new policy will result in less injuries to police and suspects. I have no problem accepting that, because less interaction is obviously going to lead to less injuries for both parties. Makes complete sense and I don't even need to look at any studies to see that. The job of the police is to protect the citizenry at large though, and their well-being, and I'm not sure this new policy does that by letting thousands of criminals speed walk away. I'll look more into their studies when I get a chance, and I'll plead ignorance here to an extent, but on the face of it, this policy doesn't make sense to me. If the only goal is to prevent injuries to officers and suspects? Sure. Telling people in advance that they can get away with any number of crimes scott free if they just speed walk away? Could embolden some people to go commit those crimes. Why not commit crime if there is no consequence for it?
Apparently, soon, in certain states, Slavery could be referred to "involuntary relocation".

These pricks are whitewashing SLAVERY!

What's next, murder of indigenous populations will become "involuntary depopulation"?

Cunts!
Dying to live, living to die.
Of course they're whitewashing slavery...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Clarence Thomas is repeating the nutball conspiracy that COVID vaccines are developed using the cells of 'aborted children', with the unstated but clear implications that abortions are being performed specifically to be used in vaccine research and that the vaccines contain the cells of aborted foetuses, neither of which are true.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 1, 2022 at 4:01 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Apparently, soon, in certain states, Slavery could be referred to "involuntary relocation".

What's next, murder of indigenous populations will become "involuntary depopulation"?

Cunts!

Slavery, segregation, voting rights, gerrymandering and abortion all have one thing in common:

“States rights.”

Since the first draft of the constitution, “Leave it up to the states” has been code for “Leave it up to the racists.”
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(July 1, 2022 at 4:01 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Apparently, soon, in certain states, Slavery could be referred to "involuntary relocation".

Cunts!

Couldn’t these wastes of jissom come up with a euphemism for slavery that’s actually related to slavery?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4421 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37