Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 7:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(February 26, 2023 at 1:08 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: This is getting very, very, worrying

H5N1 is now in foxes, seals, otters and other mammals

The 1918 Spanish Flu is thought to have been caused by an avian flu virus that jumped to humans

More than half of humans who have so far caught H5N1 have died

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/f...-avian-flu

Exactly 100% of people who have shot themselves in the mouth with a bazooka have died.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 26, 2023 at 1:08 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: This is getting very, very, worrying

H5N1 is now in foxes, seals, otters and other mammals

The 1918 Spanish Flu is thought to have been caused by an avian flu virus that jumped to humans

More than half of humans who have so far caught H5N1 have died

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/f...-avian-flu

How many humans have caught it so far?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
So far it was very hard for people to catch bird flu but it seems to be jumping from species.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Musk defends ‘Dilbert’ creator, says media is ‘racist against whites’

Replying to tweets about the controversy, Musk said it is actually the media that is “racist against whites & Asians.” He offered no criticism of Adams’s comments, in which the cartoonist called Black people a “hate group” and said, “I don’t want to have anything to do with them.”

Musk previously tweeted, then later deleted, a reply to Adams’s tweet about media outlets pulling his comic strip, in which Musk asked, “What exactly are they complaining about?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolog...rt-racist/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
So Andrew Tate Has Cancer

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...94129.html
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

White students run away but are forcefully dragged back and made to say "black lives matter" while on their knees.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...ves-matter

Fairly rare event, for sure, but if this is the kind of attitude teachers are stirring up in black students, that's probably not a good thing. Maybe we need to re-think things a little at this point.

And before anyone says I'm making a mountain out of a molehill and there's nothing to see here, this is the more common thing that I would suggest taking a look at.

This is what I was referring to before when talking about making the youth soft. I wasn't telling kids with depression not to speak up and share their feelings and I wasn't saying I want children to be raised like child soldiers with no emotion as my position was pretty much framed in that ridiculous way. But all of those students sound like embarrassing little shits who live in a cult (talking about the ones in the Destiny video the professor speaks of). I dare anyone to defend the way those students acted.
(March 11, 2023 at 2:05 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: White students run away but are forcefully dragged back and made to say "black lives matter" while on their knees.

Fairly rare event, for sure, but if this is the kind of attitude teachers are stirring up in black students, that's probably not a good thing. Maybe we need to re-think things a little at this point.

And before anyone says I'm making a mountain out of a molehill and there's nothing to see here, this is the more common thing that I would suggest taking a look at.

This is what I was referring to before when talking about making the youth soft. I wasn't telling kids with depression not to speak up and share their feelings and I wasn't saying I want children to be raised like child soldiers with no emotion as my position was pretty much framed in that ridiculous way. But all of those students sound like embarrassing little shits who live in a cult (talking about the ones in the Destiny video the professor speaks of). I dare anyone to defend the way those students acted.

So, a video with no sound and a tweet by a ‘reporter’ of highly questionable objectivity and credibility reported by a ‘news’ outlet who wouldn’t know factual reporting from a tiger’s bum.

I’m underwhelmed.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 11, 2023 at 2:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 11, 2023 at 2:05 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: White students run away but are forcefully dragged back and made to say "black lives matter" while on their knees.

So, a video with no sound and a tweet by a ‘reporter’ of highly questionable objectivity and credibility reported by a ‘news’ outlet who wouldn’t know factual reporting from a tiger’s bum.

I’m underwhelmed.

Boru

Colour me unsurprised by your response. Look it up yourself if you want. There are a whole bunch of sources reporting on it. If it didn't happen, give me a link to the school saying it didn't happen. The parents commented on it. Are you claiming that this is all a big conspiracy by some lying children on the playground to try to smear BLM or something? And I'm the one wearing the tin foil hat?
The two are not mutually exclusive.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 11, 2023 at 2:54 pm)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:
(March 11, 2023 at 2:36 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: So, a video with no sound and a tweet by a ‘reporter’ of highly questionable objectivity and credibility reported by a ‘news’ outlet who wouldn’t know factual reporting from a tiger’s bum.

I’m underwhelmed.

Boru

Colour me unsurprised by your response. Look it up yourself if you want. There are a whole bunch of sources reporting on it. If it didn't happen, give me a link to the school saying it didn't happen. The parents commented on it. Are you claiming that this is all a big conspiracy by some lying children on the playground to try to smear BLM or something? And I'm the one wearing the tin foil hat?

Yes, it’s completely unthinkable that a conservative rag and a conservative reporter and conservative parents and a conservative school principal and a conservative police department would take advantage of an audio-free video to try to smear BLM.

For the record (correct me if I’m wrong), I don’t think I’ve ever accused you of tin foil hattery.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4460 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 538 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1605 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37