Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 3:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(September 8, 2023 at 5:19 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Nazis in Florida waiting for their Fuhrer Trump

[Image: 7yfpkz.jpg]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Georgia grand jury recommended charges against 3 US senators who are allies to Donald Trump (msn.com)

A Georgia grand jury that investigated Donald Trump recommended criminal contempt charges against three of his Senate allies: GOP Sens. Lindsey Graham, David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, according to the panel’s report released Friday.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Keep 'em comin'.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 8, 2023 at 11:47 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Georgia grand jury recommended charges against 3 US senators who are allies to Donald Trump (msn.com)

A Georgia grand jury that investigated Donald Trump recommended criminal contempt charges against three of his Senate allies: GOP Sens. Lindsey Graham, David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, according to the panel’s report released Friday.

Keep 'em comin'.

I don’t understand how that can be. Aren’t republicans the ‘law and order’ party?*

Boru

*vdws
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 8, 2023 at 11:50 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 8, 2023 at 11:47 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Georgia grand jury recommended charges against 3 US senators who are allies to Donald Trump (msn.com)

Keep 'em comin'.

I don’t understand how that can be. Aren’t republicans the ‘law and order’ party?*

Boru

*vdws

Yes, but it's only the laws that they like, those "other laws" simply don't apply to them.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

republicans believe the purpose of law is to bind others in order to protect them,  not to bind them in order to protect others.

They believe in rule through law, not rule of law.
Judge denies Mark Meadows effort to move Georgia case to federal court (msn.com)

A federal judge denied a request Friday from former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to move the Georgia election-interference case against him from state to federal court, a shift he had sought on the grounds that he was a federal officer at the time of the actions that led to his indictment.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge Steve C. Jones in the Atlanta-based Northern District of Georgia represents a setback for Meadows, who had asked for removal under a federal law that allows people charged with crimes while carrying out their official duties to be prosecuted in federal court, even in cases involving state law and state prosecutors.
Meadows had hoped a move to federal court could lead to a quick dismissal of the case against him because he had argued to Jones that as a federal officer, he is immune from prosecution for acts taken in the course of his normal work.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

^ Good news, because the chump is attempting the same gambit. There will be precedent.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
It's good news, but he ruled that one of the overt acts "might" fall under the color of his official duties. Because of how he interpreted the RICO statute, that wasn't sufficient, but that could provide the pretext for a circuit court or those Nazis at SCOTUS to reverse the decision.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Grindr staff chose to unionize, and company leaders enforced Return To Office as retaliation. Company leaders know RTO sucks, and they are using it punitively.

They started enforcing RTO of two days a week, and HALF THEIR STAFF RESIGNED.

The response of the CEO is hilarious. “The team will be smaller than where we were before and where we want to be…So that’ll obviously impact margin in a positive way in the near term.”

That’s like saying “The bad news is I lost my entire left leg. The good news is that I finally got my weight under 160 pounds.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2...-work-rule
Saudi Arabian cattle are being fed on millions and millions of gallons of Arizona’s underground aquifers.

3,000 gallons of water per minute is used to grow alfalfa in Arizona which is then exported back to Saudi Arabia as cattle feed.

The fundamental question is whether Arizona's groundwater should primarily serve its residents or be utilized for Saudi Arabian livestock.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...arm-water/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4421 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37