Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Atheist Forums Playlist
RE: The Atheist Forums Playlist

(May 13, 2021 at 2:14 am)Eleven Wrote:

Holy shit does this have ABBA stampped all over it.

That has Chiquititia, Fernando, and Knowing Me Knowing You DNA all over it.
You mean it sucks?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 13, 2021 at 4:13 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 13, 2021 at 2:14 am)Eleven Wrote:

Holy shit does this have ABBA stampped all over it.

That has Chiquititia, Fernando, and Knowing me Knowing You DNA all over it.

I agree with you - a straight rip-off of Abba's style, sound mix, and musical phrasing and parts of their melodies.  Actually not bad, in a retro way.
(May 13, 2021 at 4:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You mean it sucks?

Boru

You are so cute when you don't have anything positive to say.
(May 13, 2021 at 4:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 13, 2021 at 4:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You mean it sucks?

Boru

You are so cute when you don't have anything positive to say.

You should know.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
When you have the Foo Fighters, rap artists, Yngwie Malmsteen cover or admit to you being an influence to their music. And believe me, ABBA is only second to the Beatles to the influence of modern rock. 

Your distaste for their music is your own personal bugaboo. But the fact that we are talking about ABBA now, says far more about their talent than staying power, than your own lack of simply admitting you are not into them. 

If ABBA sucked so bad, then why are you still railing against them?
(May 13, 2021 at 4:27 pm)Brian37 Wrote: When you have the Foo Fighters, rap artists, Yngwie Malmsteen cover or admit to you being an influence to their music. And believe me, ABBA is only second to the Beatles to the influence of modern rock. 

Your distaste for their music is your own personal bugaboo. But the fact that we are talking about ABBA now, says far more about their talent than staying power, than your own lack of simply admitting you are not into them. 

I don't have any of those, and your comment about the influence of ABBA is simply wrong.

I happily admit that I am not into ABBA.

I'm not railing against ABBA. Whatever gave you that idea?

Boru
(May 13, 2021 at 4:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 13, 2021 at 4:27 pm)Brian37 Wrote: When you have the Foo Fighters, rap artists, Yngwie Malmsteen cover or admit to you being an influence to their music. And believe me, ABBA is only second to the Beatles to the influence of modern rock. 

I don't have any of those, and your comment about the influence of ABBA is simply wrong.

Boru

Then why did you imply they sucked?

ABBA disbanded in 1982, and since have still had multiple "best of" albums that went platnum and two movies based on their work. And it is 2021 and you and I are still still talking about them.

Funny thing, I have never been into the Beatles. I could go without listening to them. I don't hate them, but I didn't grow up with them either. I'd take Pat Benatar or Queen and even the Beach Boys over the Beatles. It just seems to me, you don't like ABBA. Fine. I get that. But don't hand me any tripe about you not liking ABBA isn't the reason for your remarks. Just say you are not into them. I get that. But no, sorry, not buying your claim you are being objective.
(May 13, 2021 at 5:13 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 13, 2021 at 4:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I don't have any of those, and your comment about the influence of ABBA is simply wrong.

Boru

Then why did you imply they sucked?

ABBA disbanded in 1982, and since have still had multiple "best of" albums that went platnum and two movies based on their work. And it is 2021 and you and I are still still talking about them.

Funny thing, I have never been into the Beatles. I could go without listening to them. I don't hate them, but I didn't grow up with them either. I'd take Pat Benatar or Queen and even the Beach Boys over the Beatles. It just seems to me, you don't like ABBA. Fine. I get that. But don't hand me any tripe about you not liking ABBA isn't the reason for your remarks. Just say you are not into them. I get that. But no, sorry, not buying your claim you are being objective.

I didn’t imply they sucked. I said they sucked. But even that doesn’t qualify as railing against them.

I didn’t say they’re not successful. They are, and hugely so. But they can be successful and still suck.

Not liking ABBA is EXACTLY the reason for my remarks, and I’ve never said otherwise. So, you aren’t being handed any tripe.

When did I make the claim that I’m being objective about this? My dislike of ABBA is purely subjective, and (again) I’ve never said otherwise. I’d like you to point out where I made this claim.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Musical Playlist Foxaèr 11 1741 July 31, 2023 at 11:44 am
Last Post: rado84
  J. S. Bach Playlist Alex K 23 2353 November 25, 2019 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Lightbulb The Atheist Forums Holiday Season Playlist Alex K 10 3566 November 30, 2014 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I dedicate this song to everyone here at Atheist Forums. Creed of Heresy 1 3104 January 16, 2014 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
Video The Atheist Forums Queue Tea Earl Grey Hot 3 1677 January 3, 2014 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  While at Atheist Forums Cinjin 14 10022 July 28, 2013 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Atheist Forums vs Internet Memes Tiberius 34 18285 March 5, 2012 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Rayaan