Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Atheist Forums Playlist
RE: The Atheist Forums Playlist

I will not lie about why I like this next video, and no, it is not deep.

Do people here only listen to music from 50 years ago? Where's all the new stuff? I want some good new stuff to listen to.
(May 18, 2021 at 10:16 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:

Do people here only listen to music from 50 years ago? Where's all the new stuff? I want some good new stuff to listen to.

My best friend from Oklahoma loves Kacey Musgraves.
(May 18, 2021 at 10:16 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote:

Is AF your only source for music?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 17, 2021 at 9:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote: FYI Benny and Bjorn, like the members of Metallica, are all classically trained musicians. 

As far as I know, none of those people are classically trained musicians. Prove me wrong.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 17, 2021 at 9:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 16, 2021 at 8:41 am)Angrboda Wrote: Actually, that's not what I mean.  I do mean they lack talent.  They're one of any number of talentless groups that manages to be popular.  Korean and Japanese music is full of them.  I know talentless bands that manage to be popular.  I was and still am a Kiss fan.

Yea, that is why they are where they are at now.

I'd say you have talent if since you broke up in 1982(meaning ABBA), and since had several best of albums, and several movies and countless bands covering you since, yea. Pretty sure none of the members of ABBA would take what you said in this post seriously.

FYI Benny and Bjorn, like the members of Metallica, are all classically trained musicians. 

Again, I get, and I do get, that people hate ABBA, but to say they don't have talent is absurd.

What part of "You don't have to be good to be popular" do you not understand? There are plenty of examples. You keep repeating the same argument as if repetition will make it valid. It won't.

And apparently you don't read so good. I already said that I like ABBA. And I said I don't think they have talent meriting their popularity. If I can like sucky music then it's possible that there are a lot of other people liking sucky music as well. You just can't handle the concept that maybe you like sucky music and are being defensive.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 18, 2021 at 1:16 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
(May 17, 2021 at 9:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yea, that is why they are where they are at now.

I'd say you have talent if since you broke up in 1982(meaning ABBA), and since had several best of albums, and several movies and countless bands covering you since, yea. Pretty sure none of the members of ABBA would take what you said in this post seriously.

FYI Benny and Bjorn, like the members of Metallica, are all classically trained musicians. 

Again, I get, and I do get, that people hate ABBA, but to say they don't have talent is absurd.

What part of "You don't have to be good to be popular" do you not understand?  There are plenty of examples.  You keep repeating the same argument as if repetition will make it valid.  It won't.

And apparently you don't read so good.  I already said that I like ABBA.  And I said I don't think they have talent meriting their popularity.  If I can like sucky music then it's possible that there are a lot of other people liking sucky music as well.  You just can't handle the concept that maybe you like sucky music and are being defensive.

And the flip side is equally true - it’s possible to not like a performer who is tremendously talented. Both of these are perfectly valid positions.

Boru
(May 18, 2021 at 11:59 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 18, 2021 at 10:16 am)Irreligious Atheist Wrote: Do people here only listen to music from 50 years ago? Where's all the new stuff? I want some good new stuff to listen to.

My best friend from Oklahoma loves Kacey Musgraves.

HillbillyAtheist? He's a cool guy. I talked to him years back on another atheist forum about music. Isn't he more into bluegrass than country?

Kacey Musgraves is really good, but she is kind of turning more towards pop music than country music, trying to go more mainstream, and I bet HBA is not loving that change in direction too much. Her older country music was better than her new pop stuff imo.
Hard to believe such a voice is coming from this young guy. I was expecting the singer to be an old man.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Musical Playlist Foxaèr 11 1741 July 31, 2023 at 11:44 am
Last Post: rado84
  J. S. Bach Playlist Alex K 23 2352 November 25, 2019 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Lightbulb The Atheist Forums Holiday Season Playlist Alex K 10 3566 November 30, 2014 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I dedicate this song to everyone here at Atheist Forums. Creed of Heresy 1 3104 January 16, 2014 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
Video The Atheist Forums Queue Tea Earl Grey Hot 3 1677 January 3, 2014 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  While at Atheist Forums Cinjin 14 10022 July 28, 2013 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Atheist Forums vs Internet Memes Tiberius 34 18285 March 5, 2012 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Rayaan