Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Atheist Forums Playlist
RE: The Atheist Forums Playlist
(June 26, 2021 at 11:51 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 11:34 am)Angrboda Wrote: I remember when I first heard Pat Benatar.  The night they debuted the single Heartbreaker on local radio, I knew she was going to be big.  Same with Radiohead and Creep.

Unfortunately, my expectations for The Knack after hearing My Sharona didn't pan out.

Went in the early 80s to a nightclub to listen to, and dance to, a live band.  They started to play My Sharona and several of us got up to dance.  A few bars in the band stopped suddenly and, with the same sneer you see when people mention Nickleback, asked if we were serious and then broke into a completely different song.  They were way too cool for Sharona.

(June 26, 2021 at 12:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 11:26 am)Brian37 Wrote: Everyone loves to rib me about Abba, ok fine. But long before I was an Abba fan, I was a Pat Benatar fan, so much so I could recite every lyric and tell you which song was on what side of each album.

But, there are other folks out there that parody music, and my friend sent me this.

That’s not a parody, it’s a bluegrass cover. Not a very good one, either.

Boru

Way to miss the point. I have a close friend you know or, should know as HB, OR Hillbilly Atheist who love pointing out to me that there is no music genres that are taboo.  Hillbilly atheist loves to point out to me that nothing is sacred. And that was the point of his post.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 26, 2021 at 12:15 pm)FBrian37 Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 11:51 am)arewethereyet Wrote: Went in the early 80s to a nightclub to listen to, and dance to, a live band.  They started to play My Sharona and several of us got up to dance.  A few bars in the band stopped suddenly and, with the same sneer you see when people mention Nickleback, asked if we were serious and then broke into a completely different song.  They were way too cool for Sharona.

(June 26, 2021 at 12:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: That’s not a parody, it’s a bluegrass cover. Not a very good one, either.

Boru

Way to miss the point. I have a close friend you know or, should know as HB, OR Hillbilly Atheist who love pointing out to me that there is no music genres that are taboo.  Hillbilly atheist loves to point out to me that nothing is sacred. And that was the point of his post.

If your point wasn’t that the song is a parody, why the fuck did you CALL it a parody? And how was I supposed to know the point of a Hillbilly’s post?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 26, 2021 at 12:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 12:15 pm)FBrian37 Wrote:

If your point wasn’t that the song is a parody, why the fuck did you CALL it a parody? And how was I supposed to know the point of a Hillbilly’s post?

Boru

Boru, it is called having a sense of humor. Try it sometime.
(June 26, 2021 at 12:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 12:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If your point wasn’t that the song is a parody, why the fuck did you CALL it a parody? And how was I supposed to know the point of a Hillbilly’s post?

Boru

Boru, it is called having a sense of humor. Try it sometime.

You first.

But it isn't a sense of humour, it's you not knowing the difference between a parody and a cover.

Boru
(June 26, 2021 at 12:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 12:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Boru, it is called having a sense of humor. Try it sometime.

You first.

But it isn't a sense of humour, it's you not knowing the difference between a parody and a cover.

Boru

Is this going to be a contest of sticks up asses? I hope not. 

And please correct me in the spelling of "humor" and "humour".
(June 26, 2021 at 12:55 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 12:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You first.

Boru

Is this going to be a contest of sticks up asses? I hope not. 

And please correct me in the spelling of "humor" and "humour".

You made a mistake in calling a cover song a parody. I corrected you and you’ve gone off the rails with deflections and insults. 

You spelt humour correctly, for an American. That’s not a shot at Americans, by the way.

Boru

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Why yes, I am in a YouTube rabbit hole this afternoon...so this is fitting.

There are a couple artists that I don't think should be covered because noone can do them justice but Pink does a damn good job - of course she's a badass just like Grace Slick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Musical Playlist Foxaèr 11 1741 July 31, 2023 at 11:44 am
Last Post: rado84
  J. S. Bach Playlist Alex K 23 2331 November 25, 2019 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Lightbulb The Atheist Forums Holiday Season Playlist Alex K 10 3565 November 30, 2014 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I dedicate this song to everyone here at Atheist Forums. Creed of Heresy 1 3104 January 16, 2014 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
Video The Atheist Forums Queue Tea Earl Grey Hot 3 1677 January 3, 2014 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  While at Atheist Forums Cinjin 14 10020 July 28, 2013 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Atheist Forums vs Internet Memes Tiberius 34 18284 March 5, 2012 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Rayaan