Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 6:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critical Race Theory
RE: Critical Race Theory
Man, you can care as much or as little as you want. People shouldn't be forced to care about things.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
@Ahriman 
Examples of white police officers and other white people making bad assumptions about black people is so numerous that one would need to be willfully ignorant to not be aware of the issue.  The entire BLM movement of last year was all about this issue, being sparked by the killing of black people like George Floyd and Amhad Arbury.  But for every murder of a black person, there are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of minor incidents involving police, business owners, bankers, or just any old Karen, who treat black people like second class citizens (or worse).  How an you be unaware of this?

Example:

The trial of a former suburban San Diego police officer who is facing felony charges of falsely documenting a controversial 2020 arrest finished its closing arguments on Wednesday, Dec. 8. The trial began more than 18 months after viral videos first showed an encounter that began with the cop mistaking a cellphone for a cigarette.

On May 27, 2020, La Mesa, California, police officer Matthew Dages approached Amaurie Johnson as the 29-year-old Black man was standing outside of an apartment building waiting for some friends to come out and join him.

Johnson had been using his phone, and Dages, who is white, had been in the area with other officers who were on a trolley fare enforcement operation near the Grossmont Transit Center in La Mesa. The officer explained his version of the encounter during his testimony on Wednesday.

“I thought he was smoking from where I was standing,” Dages said on the witness stand, explaining that he mistook the action of Johnson lifting and lowering his phone as smoking.
When Johnson replied that he wasn’t smoking and was merely using his phone and waiting for some friends to come out of the apartments, he went from being questioned to detained, as he explained in his own witness testimony last week.

The officer was eventually fired and the charges dismissed.  Johnson got lucky in this case.  This is just plain racism, I'm not even invoking CRT at this point but CRT is at the root of this behavior.

(January 11, 2022 at 4:42 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Man, you can care as much or as little as you want. People shouldn't be forced to care about things.

People can't be forced to care about anything.  But you can admit when you are wrong.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(January 11, 2022 at 2:15 pm)Spongebob Wrote:
(January 11, 2022 at 2:10 pm)brewer Wrote: Maybe you should be telling 'these people' that they all need to be in therapy. It just might work.

I like how my suggestion resonates with you.  Clearly you see a need in yourself that wasn't being addressed.  People are like that.

Stop sending me PM's when you have me on ignore and can't respond. Chicken shit!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 11, 2022 at 5:23 pm)brewer Wrote:
(January 11, 2022 at 2:15 pm)Spongebob Wrote: I like how my suggestion resonates with you.  Clearly you see a need in yourself that wasn't being addressed.  People are like that.

Stop sending me PM's when you have me on ignore and can't respond. Chicken shit!

In my defense, I didn't know the ignore setting blocked PMs.  I'll change that setting and you can send me any message you like, you dickless shithead!
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(January 11, 2022 at 2:23 pm)Spongebob Wrote:
(January 11, 2022 at 2:10 pm)brewer Wrote: Maybe you should be telling 'these people' that they all need to be in therapy. It just might work.

In fact, that's a very good point.  I do believe therapy would help "those people" and much as it would help you.

And while we're at this, what is it you find objectionable about my comments on this subject?  You use quotes around "those people" and suggest I'm dog whistling when in fact I am not.  There's no whistling here at all.  I'm calling out the outrageousness of right wingers who are exaggerating the impact of books that include the subject of race.  It's ridiculous.  So what is wrong with that?  Why do you feel the need to pretend to be cagey?  You don't agree, fine.  Explain why.

I don't agree because you only see one side, I see both.

Tell us, have you ever been to a school board meeting? I haven't but grew up with a teacher (my mother) that was in plenty of meetings on curriculum and involved with making school policy including grade school reading material. I believe I'm more aware. Just because TX has more vocal right wingers does not mean that the majority of the state feels the same. They are just more active and vocal. If this is an issue that rises to the level that you think it does then you need to be calling out the left/non whites also for not stepping up.

I'll respond to you anyway that I want.

(January 11, 2022 at 5:29 pm)Spongebob Wrote:
(January 11, 2022 at 5:23 pm)brewer Wrote: Stop sending me PM's when you have me on ignore and can't respond. Chicken shit!

In my defense, I didn't know the ignore setting blocked PMs.  I'll change that setting and you can send me any message you like, you dickless shithead!

You had me on ignore to begin with in this thread, now you grow a spine?
(January 11, 2022 at 5:32 pm)brewer Wrote: I don't agree because you only see one side, I see both.

Tell us, have you ever been to a school board meeting? I haven't but grew up with a teacher (my mother) that was in plenty of meetings on curriculum and involved with making school policy including grade school reading material. I believe I'm more aware. Just because TX has more vocal right wingers does not mean that the majority of the state feels the same. They are just more active and vocal. If this is an issue that rises to the level that you think it does then you need to be calling out the left/non whites also for not stepping up.

I'll respond to you anyway that I want.

I have definitely been to school board meetings.  They are mostly boring.  I've also been to city council meetings, which can be much more interesting.

I agree that not everyone is driving the issue of banning books; as I referenced only 400 people signed the petition to do so.  As often happens, a small group of very agitated people often become the driving force on issues.  This is because for many people, they are either unaware of the issue or apathetic.  As you should know, once an issue like this gets on the radar of policy makers, it becomes more than just a simple matter of how many parents/people find it important.  It becomes polemic and that is just what has happened.  Texas, being controlled by not just Republicans, but radical Republicans, are quite happy to push forward any and all nonsensical legislation they believe will excite their base, which is lunatic white people.

There actually is another side to this that I most certainly do see.  Teaching something like CRT to young students would be a waste of time and extremely difficult, not to mention ineffective.  So I don't in any way suggest that's an appropriate subject.  But my post was always about the idiots on the right who claim that a comic book about a young black student constitutes CRT.  It doesn't and this was never an actual issue.  So Texas is engaging in solving a problem that doesn't exist.

And I'll respond to you any way that I want, equally shitty as you do.  I'll show you the same respect you show me.  So, please, continue to show me how you would like to be treated.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(January 11, 2022 at 2:58 pm)Spongebob Wrote: @Ahriman and @brewer
Let me pose the question another way.  Suppose a black man or woman decides to write a book based on their personal experiences and those just happen to include some acts of racism.  In the character's journey through life, he/she must overcome some racial obstacles to reach their desired goal.  What about that scenario is dangerous to white children or inappropriate in any way for them to read?

You need to direct that question to the people and representatives in TX. It would not have been my position/decision but I can't have much valid input as I'm not in TX, neither are you.
(January 11, 2022 at 5:32 pm)brewer Wrote:
(January 11, 2022 at 5:29 pm)Spongebob Wrote: In my defense, I didn't know the ignore setting blocked PMs.  I'll change that setting and you can send me any message you like, you dickless shithead!

You had me on ignore to begin with in this thread, now you grow a spine?

As I explained, I didn't now the ignore setting applied to PM's.  I have participated on boards where that was not the case.  I don't care if you believe me or not, but I have no reason to lie about this, so you can go fuck yourself with your golf clubs as far as I care.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(January 11, 2022 at 5:41 pm)Spongebob Wrote:
(January 11, 2022 at 5:32 pm)brewer Wrote: You had me on ignore to begin with in this thread, now you grow a spine?

As I explained, I didn't now the ignore setting applied to PM's.  I have participated on boards where that was not the case.  I don't care if you believe me or not, but I have no reason to lie about this, so you can go fuck yourself with your golf clubs as far as I care.

Yep, I don't believe you.

(January 11, 2022 at 5:40 pm)Spongebob Wrote: And I'll respond to you any way that I want, equally shitty as you do.  I'll show you the same respect you show me.  So, please, continue to show me how you would like to be treated.

You threw down the gauntlet. Actions have consequences.

Aren't you the one trying to cheat insurance to get back in therapy?
CRT is gay  Panic
"Imagination, life is your creation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elizabeth Warren out of race onlinebiker 47 3615 March 12, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Latino is not a race BrokenQuill92 29 2040 December 16, 2019 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 475 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 539 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Fixed vs. Fluid: a theory of political polarization Rev. Rye 0 696 December 22, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  My theory on all this recent Xenophobia NuclearEnergy 27 5912 June 8, 2017 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can I be Trans-Race or Trans-Class? InquiringMind 41 6634 April 23, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  I have a good PROOF for my liberal conspiricay theory Won2blv 4 706 February 5, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Won2blv
  Trump Conspiracy Theory chimp3 18 3270 July 12, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Come Oh Ye Rational Thinkers...and explain race theory to me tantric 35 5728 February 23, 2015 at 1:03 am
Last Post: tantric