Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 10:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question about race and double standards in Humans
RE: A question about race and double standards in Humans
(September 18, 2015 at 8:49 am)Ben Davis Wrote:
(September 18, 2015 at 8:21 am)paulpablo Wrote: But I think the point is that there's nothing you've said here that couldn't be said about dogs.  All males can breed with every other dog breed so their are mixes, they're basically innumerable since you can get mixed breeds and they can breed with mixed breeds and the breeds become even more mixed. 
A lot of dogs are artificially bred unlike humans are though which I'm guessing is why there's more of a clean cut difference between a lot of their breeds, grey hounds will pretty much always be fast, great danes will pretty much always be huge.  But there is a bit of that in humans, pygmy tribes are pretty much always short, the fastest runners in the world are usually black people.
All of the examples you listed except for Aryan (I don't know what Aryan is) would be considered nationalities rather than race.

I think people need to be educated about the fact that racism is a negative expression of tribalism and nothing else. It served some purpose, in times past, when groups of people needed to protect their scares resources from other groups of people to ensure their own survival. Now o'days, the positive aspects of such tribalistic expression have become all but redundant. As Aractus has indicated, it's impossible to tell one 'race' from another, genetically, and the physiological differences are so few (and easily homogenised within a generation) as to be discounted as an accurate identifier. Race doesn't really exist, racism however is alive and well and must be combatted in every form to ensure equality, justice and fair opportunity for all people.

This still doesn't seem to detract anything from the points I made though, about how could say the same thing for dog breeds as you can for human races.  I don't think anyone would argue that racism is a positive expression.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A question about race and double standards in Humans - by paulpablo - September 23, 2015 at 9:53 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drag Race and Drag in General FrustratedFool 9 483 August 21, 2023 at 10:23 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  what race are you? eretina 40 3289 November 12, 2021 at 12:51 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Inovio tests new COVID-19 vaccine on humans Megabullshit 0 213 April 7, 2020 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Cloning humans is real? ignoramus 0 416 March 26, 2018 at 2:49 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Stupid humans & risk taking Brian37 20 4243 March 25, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: rskovride
  Adopting Children of Another Race Shell B 62 4893 February 13, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Humans of New York. Banjo 6 1258 August 10, 2016 at 8:47 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Delete. Double. J a c k 3 1163 May 3, 2016 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Cooking with Dyre Double Recipe Late night munchies + Bread pudding dyresand 0 1351 November 13, 2015 at 2:50 am
Last Post: dyresand
  double post Athene 14 2193 September 3, 2015 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut