Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 5:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the lamest defence of Theism you've ever heard?
RE: What's the lamest defence of Theism you've ever heard?
(February 21, 2016 at 12:43 pm)AAA Wrote:
(February 21, 2016 at 6:44 am)Constable Dorfl Wrote: Bolded the one honest word you've said on this matter, and the most important word. Seems is not the same as is, just because something looks designed to you doesn't make it designed, especially as you've amply demonstrated that you've a woeful grasp of biology and what evidence is in general.

Underlined the second most important section. Yes, appearances can be interpreted as evidence, but unfortunately for you, they are not evidence. When you conflate the two reach phrases 'seems like' and 'can be interpreted as' you yourself are acknowledging (probably subconsciously) that you have no case.

Truly, as I described you last month, you are an arse brained creatard idiot. Oh, and by the way, how does it feel for you to get schooled by somebody who doesn't even have a science degree, especially with all your boasting about how great a student of biology you are? Stuff I remember from  20 years ago, and stuff I've picked up from popular science books are more scientificially valid that the santorum that emanates out your arse every time you try and prove god by disproving evolution.

Yeah, things aren't always as they seem, but because it seems that way, the null hypothesis should be that it was designed. If things that are only found in designed features are also found in cells, then that is evidence of design.

And the fact that you don't have a science degree is showing.

No, design cannot be the null hypothesis, just as evolution isn't. Design is positing a creator being who put everything together, a positive claim as to how everything happened. Therefore you need to present evidence, better than that for evolution, in order for your hypothesis to become theory. As a biologist you should know this, it is one of the basics of the whole scientific method (for example I learned it at age 11 during my first science class of secondary school).

So, again you fail at the simplest ideas within science, proving conclusively that you are no biologist and that you have been constantly lying about your crdentials. At this stage I'm wondering if Junk Status is being too generous to you, and I'm thinking I should start calling you Ponzi.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the lamest defence of Theism you've ever heard? - by GUBU - February 22, 2016 at 7:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism, theism, agnosticism, gnosticism, ignosticism Simon Moon 25 2176 October 29, 2022 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Moral universalism and theism Interaktive 20 1970 May 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Comparing Theism with Flat-Earthism FlatAssembler 26 2233 December 21, 2020 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Protection Against the Wiles of Theism Rhondazvous 9 1560 April 7, 2019 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Have you Heathens heard the Good News? The Valkyrie 71 12121 January 26, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: rado84
  Anti-Theism Haipule 134 26176 December 20, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Would you as an atheist EVER do this? Alexmahone 41 6713 December 6, 2017 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  What date do you estimate atheism will overtake theism in the world population Coveny 49 13352 September 12, 2017 at 9:36 am
Last Post: mordant
  Do You Ever Miss God? Rhondazvous 75 21177 May 20, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Occam's Razor, atheism, theism and polytheism. Jehanne 74 17266 February 14, 2017 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic