Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 12:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Always Sunny - evolution versus Christianity
RE: It's Always Sunny - evolution versus Christianity
Since you bailed, I'm only going to address a couple of points.
(February 23, 2016 at 1:25 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(February 22, 2016 at 11:50 am)Huggy74 Wrote: Im not saying that a theory isn't based on facts, I'm saying that the facts can be misinterpreted. Do you agree or disagree?

That's not what you said, it's what you are saying now.  You've created a circle that you think is going to get you to, "evolution might be wrong" but it won't.

No, that's exactly the point I've been making this whole time, it's just worded differently.

(February 18, 2016 at 2:52 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: However an INFORMED opinion, one based on facts, is subject to change in light of new evidence.

Got it?

(February 23, 2016 at 1:25 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: LMFAO, are you serious?!  I didn't think it could get any worse than that Christian Doctor Phil video you showed be, but wow.  You have outdone your self.  No Huggy, videos and pictures are not in any stretch of anyone's wildest imagination the "epitome" of scientific evidence.  So, you must believe in Big Foot and Loch Ness too then, if these are your standards for good evidence?  Randomized, double blind, placebo controlled clinical trials are considered the “Gold Standard," and you will not be able to produce even one in support of any of your claims.  I actually laughed out loud at this one, thank you.

I guess you missed the part in my post where it stated:

Quote:George J. Lacy, Investigator of Questioned Documents, and often hired by the FBI in that capacity, subjected the negative to every scientific test available. At a news conference, he stated, “To my knowledge, this is the first time in all the world’s history that a supernatural being has been photographed and scientifically vindicated.” 
So the picture has been indeed scientifically verified.

The original report.

About George J. Lacey
http://www.asqde.org/about/presidents/lacy_g.html
Quote:George Lacy was the fifth president of the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners and the last of the 15 men who established the organization to be elected to that office.

Mr. Lacy's first meeting was the 1942 inaugural meeting of the society.  Two years later he married Lucile Peters Lacy who would later become the tenth president of the ASQDE.

During Mr. Lacy's early work in law enforcement he arrested Charles Ponzi, the namesake of the Ponzi Scheme.  He began his career in forensic science as a general criminalist and ballistics expert.  As a ballistics expert, he worked on the Bonnie and Clyde case.  He later specialized in questioned document examination.  He was responsible for establishing the Houston Police Crime Laboratory.  Mr. Lacy maintained a private practice in Houston, Texas for many years.

About the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_S..._Examiners
Quote:The American Society of Questioned Document Examiners is the world's oldest society dedicated to the forensic science of questioned document examination with 144 members worldwide.

I find it interesting how YOU'RE quick to dismiss scientific evidence when it doesn't adhere to your world view.

This shows that you're really not all that different from the "creatards" you despise.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Always Sunny - evolution versus Christianity - by Chas - February 26, 2016 at 12:49 pm
RE: It's Always Sunny - evolution versus Christianity - by Chas - February 26, 2016 at 10:47 pm
RE: It's Always Sunny - evolution versus Christianity - by Chas - February 26, 2016 at 12:46 pm
RE: It's Always Sunny - evolution versus Christianity - by Huggy Bear - February 24, 2016 at 3:18 pm
RE: It's Always Sunny - evolution versus Christianity - by Chas - February 26, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why your prayers often, if not always fail Drich 18 1859 February 12, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 21518 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Gospel of Peter versus the Gospel of Matthew. Jehanne 47 6312 July 14, 2018 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Travis Walton versus The Resurrection. Jehanne 61 16088 November 29, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Big Debate -- Price versus Ehrman Jehanne 43 9989 November 26, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7133 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Will the influence of religion always exist in my life GoHalos1993 12 3846 November 27, 2015 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So, once shown how, Peter was always able to walk on water ? vorlon13 38 7186 November 8, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Are Evolution and Christianity Completely Incompatible? SamS 93 17971 July 15, 2015 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8591 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce