Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why your prayers often, if not always fail
why your prayers often, if not always fail
I made another video this one about 8 mins. took some advise and got rid of the sticky notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZsvF4Jfzw0
RE: why your prayers often, if not always fail
Prayers fail because they are wishes that are absorbed into the ether. There isn't anyone or anything out there tuned in to every request with the ability to answer said request.

Move along Drich - find some believers to share your blathering with.

Try as you might, you aren't going to convert anyone here.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

For the same reasons fairy tales never come true.

Were you dropped on your head?
You know what, Drich? You're right.
I've been so...selfish.

I'm going to honor my ancestors and pray to the Lwa tonight without expecting anything in return.
(February 5, 2020 at 3:07 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Prayers fail because they are wishes that are absorbed into the ether. There isn't anyone or anything out there tuned in to every request with the ability to answer said request.

predictable.

addressed in the first 10 seconds of the video. 

kinda saw you coming with that line drive and knocked your pre programed response out of the park.  Hmph

(February 5, 2020 at 3:22 pm)no one Wrote: For the same reasons fairy tales never come true.

Huh

The reason fairy tales do not come true is because every single one is framed out in the past. they are not meant to be a foretelling of the future nor even a wish for that matter..

So why would that keep a prayer from happening.....

Read
oh wait a tick...

Hilarious

are you telling me you so, did not think this through, you just used the word fairytale and paired it with the word prayer blindly???

because why? dumb or lazy (really stoo-pid)  Hehe

don't you have me on ignore?
What drich sees:

[Image: AptGrandHadrosaurus-size_restricted.gif]

What everyone else sees:

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10397060]
drick, you really are a moron, aren't you?

Did you enjoy snacking on lead paint chips?
He has posted the same bullshit over AD. Well, same old same old.
I reject the premise. Every prayer I’ve ever made has been answered promptly and in full.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 5, 2020 at 3:54 pm)Drich Wrote:
(February 5, 2020 at 3:07 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Prayers fail because they are wishes that are absorbed into the ether. There isn't anyone or anything out there tuned in to every request with the ability to answer said request.

predictable.

addressed in the first 10 seconds of the video. 

kinda saw you coming with that line drive and knocked your pre programed response out of the park.  Hmph

(February 5, 2020 at 3:22 pm)no one Wrote: For the same reasons fairy tales never come true.

Huh

The reason fairy tales do not come true is because every single one is framed out in the past. they are not meant to be a foretelling of the future nor even a wish for that matter..

So why would that keep a prayer from happening.....

Read
oh wait a tick...

Hilarious

are you telling me you so, did not think this through, you just used the word fairytale and paired it with the word prayer blindly???

because why? dumb or lazy (really stoo-pid)  Hehe

don't you have me on ignore?

I do have you on ignore.  

Now and then I check to see if the wizard gave you a brain.

Today's answer - no.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Always Sunny - evolution versus Christianity LadyForCamus 201 42541 February 27, 2016 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Will the influence of religion always exist in my life GoHalos1993 12 3803 November 27, 2015 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Questions of Novena Prayers and Offerings miaharun 41 5076 November 19, 2015 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So, once shown how, Peter was always able to walk on water ? vorlon13 38 6940 November 8, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Exclamation Without God You will Fail! Gods Squad 110 16833 October 19, 2015 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Why i don't respect your religion or your faith dyresand 39 12284 September 16, 2015 at 4:08 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Ex-theists are often like ex-smokers, sanctimonious and insufferable. Whateverist 81 11269 July 22, 2015 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  How often does the holy spirit talk to you? TubbyTubby 54 14658 March 20, 2015 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Why i'm not a Christian and why i left the faith as a child. dyresand 20 5551 November 8, 2014 at 10:01 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Logo fail Doubting Thomas 29 6340 January 20, 2014 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Boris Karloff