Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 6:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why just saying god did it is not a satisfying answer
RE: Why just saying god did it is not a satisfying answer
In the Mormon orbit, if really pressed on some item of historically pliable church doctrine, their apologists will state, "God changed His mind", which to me is even worse than "God diddit".

So God can't foresee He is going to have to walk back a policy, or extend and revise his ordinance(s) till He gets it right ?? And then this is how the rest of us get to the point of realizing if, for instance, Joe Smith came back to 'his' church today after not participating in over 150 years of near continuous tweaking and wholesale rewrites of 'his' dogma, old horny Joe would have to be excommunicated post haste since he would now be a dangerous heretic/apostate in the very church he founded.

Further, in the Mormon orbit, 'God diddit' is further complicated by their confused and confusing take on just who in the Blue Blazes God is. Adam? Jesus? Micheal? and then realizing whoever their God entity is, in a possibly infinite Mormon universe, there are an infinite number of of other Gods floating around and there really isn't a clear piece of Mormon doctrine delineating why they couldn't also be fucking with humanity too.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why just saying god did it is not a satisfying answer - by vorlon13 - April 3, 2016 at 11:10 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is saying "...so I know how science works." likely to convince people? FlatAssembler 29 2845 September 10, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My House Did not have a Builder (or did it?) Dan Brooks 180 26480 January 8, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
  (LONG) "I Don't Know" as a Good Answer in Ethics vulcanlogician 69 9486 November 27, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Why free will probably does not exist, and why we should stop treating people - WisdomOfTheTrees 22 4725 February 8, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: WisdomOfTheTrees
  I want your honest answer. Zidneya 27 4734 September 22, 2014 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Does Deep Thought Lead to God? Here's a Shallow Answer Jenny A 31 5485 September 10, 2014 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Who can answer? (law of nature) reality.Mathematician 10 2997 June 18, 2014 at 7:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus