Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 3:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
His throne is on water..stunning scientific theory that the Quran foretold 1400 y ago
RE: His throne is on water..stunning scientific theory that the Quran foretold 1400 y ago
(April 8, 2016 at 9:02 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:

I'll respond in order from top to bottom.

Alright, let's say that he didn't crack the code all by himself, blablabla. The point is that the knowledge of iron coming from outer space was well known without the help of god. So the only option isn't that god gave them the knowledge. To answer "How could people have known it before modern science without the help of god?" Apparently they could and they did. Even if it wasn't taken from the Ancient Egyptians, they themselves could have known and implementend the knowledge into the Qur'an. Therefore the argument "How could they have known etc" is not valid.

First you got to provide evidence that the Qur'an is a reliable source before taking its word that the first religion ever was monolithic.
The Qur'an mentioning Babylon is just a stronger indication that they most likely have taken knowledge from there. But there is still no evidence that the "message" was from a god. Yes, they are linked and have similiar textures, but I do not see how it is evidence for god. Just that the writers thought that was from god and spread the information. Also the interesting thing here is, the Babylonians are mentioned in the Qur'an and the muslims came in good contacts with the Babylonians (Mesopotamia - North Africa) after Muhammad's death. Since the Babylonians were mentioned in the Qur'an I'd say that is a quite strong indication that the Qur'an was written/finished/modified around or after the times the islamic/arabic empires had good access to knowledge/trading etc, like I have mentioned. 
[source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mu..._dynasties] (read History)
Also you again, you use the Qur'an as a reliable source when saying the message got twisted over time and that the message was forged by ancient nations etc. You got to prove the Qur'an true before making claims in the name of it.

It isn't embarrassing to be corrected. We've all been corrected.

My point here is that it was known without the help of god. And I did mention the muslims had good access to greek knowledge. If I remember correctly by the 12th century they had 20 universities with preserved greek knowledge. So that is a very strong indication that the muslims got the knowledge from the greeks and implemented it into the Qur'an. It wasn't some sort of miracle, therefore it isn't evidence for the Qur'an being true. Also since the Qur'an mentions the Babylonians which came in good contact with the islamic empires after Muhammed's death which as I earlier said indicates that the Qur'an was written/finished/modified after Muhammed's death allows for the implementation of greek knowledge too.
Also: "He is created from a drop (of sperm) emitted-- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs. (Qur'an 86:6-7)" Is wrong, sperm doesn't originate between the backone and the ribs. And "clothed the bones with flesh (Quran 23:13-14)" Is also wrong, living tissue grows first, then bones. There, I presented you errors in the Qur'an. Isn't that actually enough to dismiss the whole Qur'an?

You very very well know that you're just dumbing down what I said. Obviously he didn't do such things by himself. I've stated before that the muslims had good access to greek knowledge. 

Funny how you highlight my words yet you seem to believe that I said the Arabs had an empire before Islam. I didn't. I said "Around the times the Qur'an was written or modified". 
Maybe I was wrong with it being huge and stretching out very far. But I certainly wasn't wrong when it comes to "... they were great at trading since they made their own silver coins, which became more and more common. They had many universities filled with ancient greek knowledge, they had even learnt a lot from the Indians, including mathematics, medicine etc. And all the knowledge they've taken has been in their reach: Mesopotamia, ancient Greece, Sumer etc. Coincidence?".
And no thanks to the documentary, it seems biased.

Excuse me if I have any typos, misspellings etc. Yet again, I wrote this quite late at night.
I hope you approach my response rationally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: His throne is on water - by Jenny A - March 25, 2016 at 10:32 pm
RE: His throne is on water..stunning scientific theory that the Quran foretold 1400 y ago - by RozKek - April 23, 2016 at 7:49 pm
Not convinced - by Redbeard The Pink - March 26, 2016 at 12:26 am
RE: Quran Miracle - by ReptilianPeon - March 26, 2016 at 5:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 4252 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9878 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20758 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2285 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1457 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4686 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 3017 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49238 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 13914 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 885 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker