Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Atheism and Spirituality
#3
RE: Atheism and Spirituality
That's what I thought.

Most people would assume that alongside the non-belief in a god or gods comes a non-belief in anything unexplainable by science. I'm not decided. I don't believe in god but am open to the idea that there is something which we may not understand about the supposed "supernatural" or "spiritual". Perhaps I'm just looking for an explanation of the spiritual experiences people have, and at the same time, I find it hard to believe that more than half the world is wrong about their personal view regarding spirituality.

Not to say that there is a god, for I am completely against that. And it might be worth noting that the "spiritual" or "supernatural" is simply that which science has failed to explain so far. Science may well involve itself and have some definitive answers in the near future.
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability." Oscar Wilde
My Blog | Why I Don't Believe in God
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Atheism and Spirituality - by athoughtfulman - April 3, 2009 at 7:03 am
RE: Atheism and Spirituality - by Kyuuketsuki - April 3, 2009 at 7:05 am
RE: Atheism and Spirituality - by athoughtfulman - April 3, 2009 at 7:11 am
RE: Atheism and Spirituality - by Demonaura - April 3, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists: what is "spirituality"? Rift Zone 24 9486 May 23, 2025 at 1:39 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 13914 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 41919 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Spirituality as an atheist? DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 69 20748 December 18, 2015 at 4:32 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 19973 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Spirituality in Atheism wolfclan96 3 2087 January 18, 2015 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 20402 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 18459 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 14161 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Religion, Atheism, and Deism -and the middle ground. Mystic 6 5358 March 9, 2014 at 2:41 am
Last Post: rsb



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)