Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austrian Economics
RE: Conservative Libertarian Michelle Bachmann speaks..
(April 24, 2011 at 5:01 pm)theVOID Wrote: Fuck knows, seems like the product of our economic differences, my following the Austrian school causes me to take notice of their economic predictions, thus I can see good pragmatic reason for the Libertarians to be working with the Tea Party to solve the problems where as you're a Keynesian and think this Bernanke nonsense is going to work so you give priority to social issues?

Watch this video if you have time, maybe you'll get a better sense of Austrian Economics:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1583738#u...um=1583738

I just cant get into the Austrian school. The guy in this video is smart, I will give him that, but I think he is oversimplifying the economy. Not to mention he is dead wrong when he spoke of Unions. The labor unions DID make MANY sacrifices, and that fact that he pushed that lie and also claimed the poor stock owners were the ones taking sacrifices is flat out wrong. Apparently he has no problem with people coming together as a group to make as much profit off of a companies stock as possible, but if a group comes together to protect the working class they must be run off. I find that extremist, dispicable, and quite frankly I would have several harsh words with this man after his presentation. The man even goes so far as to say that market regulation is what caused our economic stress, when in reality it was the deregulation of many different economic sectors, during the bush years, including the housing market, that caused the crash in the first place. Now some of the people who have shammed the system because of deregulation are just starting to get thrown into jail. Freddy and Fanny were deregulated, it wasnt that they didnt care..they were DEREGULATED. Therefore opening them up to being abused.

So yeah. If you follow this mans idea on economics you will see me standing stern against you at every turn. I am against deregulation. Just like I am against extremist economic policies.

Also, I dont sternly support Keynesian systems as well. They have their problems, espescially if you use THAT system while deregulating. That is begging for people to come in and rape the system. I have an open ear, but if your idea to fix the system is to cut the head off by deregulating everything, then I will turn my head and ignore it.

Messages In This Thread
Austrian Economics - by reverendjeremiah - April 24, 2011 at 4:52 pm
RE: Austrian Economics - by reverendjeremiah - April 26, 2011 at 12:19 am
RE: Austrian Economics - by reverendjeremiah - April 27, 2011 at 7:37 am
RE: Austrian Economics - by TheDarkestOfAngels - April 27, 2011 at 10:10 am
RE: Austrian Economics - by reverendjeremiah - April 27, 2011 at 10:26 am
RE: Austrian Economics - by reverendjeremiah - May 1, 2011 at 3:34 pm
RE: Austrian Economics - by reverendjeremiah - May 4, 2011 at 1:17 pm
RE: Conservative Libertarian Michelle Bachmann speaks.. - by reverendjeremiah - April 24, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Now Who Knew Economics Could Be So "Complicated?" Minimalist 2 829 April 9, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Bar stool economics Heywood 35 4770 November 13, 2014 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  The Worst School of Economics EgoRaptor 3 1328 January 28, 2014 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  sceptical economics. jonb 6 1540 January 17, 2013 at 4:39 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Grinch Economics Tobie 1 1373 April 11, 2012 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Economics book recommendations Justtristo 3 2008 February 5, 2012 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: RW_9
  Conservative/Libertarian economics and anthropic global warming popeyespappy 11 4718 May 9, 2011 at 2:24 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Austrian economics ftw! theVOID 6 2583 December 24, 2010 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Jaysyn