Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know"
RE: Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know"
(January 24, 2017 at 1:17 pm)pool the great Wrote: I'm colorblind and I also don't know which is which color. Essentially I don't even know what I don't even know.

Well one thing you could do... I don't know if it would help or not but it looks like it might... is, just as a fun experiment and maybe to be able to deduce something from it; most paint packages allow you to manipulate colours in the image by RGB value. So even if you can't see a particular colour... as in distinguish it from another... you could still set it by its value instead. Then you'd have something to work with in deducing what range of colours you can't see/distinguish. For instance if you took an average image and gradually removed the red component from the whole image... which you can do usually at the slide of a slider... would the two images look exactly the same? or if not... if you could perceive a difference in the images at some point, that might tell you something about the extent of the colourblindness. I don't know if this would work... it's just an idea... but it sounds reasonable enough and I'd like to try it myself to have an idea of how a colourblind person might see the world (ie an image with the red component removed) and maybe be able to settle a long standing, but friendly and jokey, dispute with my dad about the colour of a piece of furniture... I maintain he's colourblind, he maintains I am but if this works, maybe it could prove it one way or the other by who perceives a difference in the colours or not, with the RGB values to prove they're different.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know" - by emjay - January 24, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3766 231212 6 hours ago
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1195 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  I don't know how they do it. onlinebiker 98 7806 November 1, 2019 at 8:38 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 6218 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I know something you don't know... Jackalope 98 17983 April 22, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I bet I don't even win the Mostedest Posts Posted Award Foxaèr 18 2247 April 9, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ever feel like you don't belong in this world? Foxaèr 44 5146 April 3, 2018 at 5:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What is a good example of a paradox? ƵenKlassen 62 8863 December 4, 2017 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Someone told me to kill myself twice today, I don't know why it's been bothering me Phosphorescent Panties 48 6116 April 12, 2016 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Tell me something I don't know Longhorn 123 12781 May 25, 2015 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Alex K